2.17 | The Second Day's Competition

Capítulo XVII- La competencia del segundo día

     Gojou made it seem like he wanted Atsuki to complete a difficult task that he didn't want to do. In reality, it was the simplest favor he had ever asked her. The jujutsu sorcerers participating in the school exchange event gathered around in their corners. Yet each side was divided with each school. Atsuki stood by Gojou's side as he spoke to the jujutsu students, "So anyway, a lot happened and some people died but how about it? Want to continue the exchange event?"

     Atsuki folded her arms and looked up at him, was he really going to say that like it was nothing?

     Yuuji pouted with his arms crossed as he glanced at the floor. "I don't know what to say about it..."

     "Obviously..." Toudou began. He sat in the corner, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and legs propped up on the bench. Yuuji's head perked up, eyebrows still knitted together. "We're continuing it, of course."

     Yuuji's eyes widened and his teeth clenched together. He scooted closer to Gojou eyeing the muscular teenager in his corner. He faced Atsuki behind him, his eyes holding a plead as he mouthed, "Hide me."

     Atsuki held back her laughter, a sly grin rested on her mouth. She whispered, holding her hand by her ear, "What?"

     "Your reasons?" Gojou questioned Toudou. Yuuji flickered his attention back to his teacher and took another step toward him.

     Toudou raised a finger by his ear, eyes closed, "First, only those with a connection to the dead have a right to mourn them. It's not our place to butt in there. And second, if people have died, that's all the more reason we need to become stronger. Acquired strength comes from the accumulation of results. Tasting defeat and savoring victory is what leads us to grow. The most important part is for those results to exist."

     Miwa leaned toward Mai and cupped her cheek, whispering, "Toudou-senpai's surprisingly reliable."

     Mai rested her chin on her knuckles, "Reliably crazy."

     He raised a third finger, "Third when a student feels like they weren't able to bring out their best, it hangs over them until they die."

     "You're hard to decipher, how old are you?" Atsuki asked, placing her hands on her hips.

      Megumi said, "I'm fine with that."

     Nobara added, "We'll win anyway."

     "It sounds stupid, but he has a point," Kamo agreed.

     Momo glanced at the bandages placed on Noritoshi Kamo's eye, wrapping around his face. Her eyebrows knitted, "Why don't you rest, Kamo-kun?"

     "No objections here," Panda agreed.