2.13 | Gojou's Underwhelming Surprise

Capítulo XIII- Una sorpresa decepcionante de Gojou

     Gojou had only been gone for a week. He said he would be back in time for the exchange event and Atsuki had yet to see him. His absence was nothing new and she was used to it. Although she didn't like it. But she still wanted to ask him about Yuuta and how he was doing. In the meanwhile, she marched down the halls from her dormitory. She shook her head to let her bangs fall on her face, shaking her heart earrings. She messed with the deck of cards as she made herself toward the others.

     They were to meet the Kyoto students near the designated area where the exchange event occurred. It was quite the walk. They needed to be far enough away from the school where no significant damage would be done or else everything would be in splints like after Getou's attack last year. Atsuki was grateful her room wasn't destroyed. She grew up with such little things that everything she owned held a great attachment to her.

     Atsuki inhaled the fresh air walking down the shadowed side of the stone pathway. She didn't need to get overheated before the exchange event. She didn't work well in the hot air. The second-years and Megumi were already there. Nobara had yet to arrive. Atsuki glanced around for her friend and she was rolling a suitcase behind her.

     "WHAT!" Nobara shouted, dropping a magazine. She eyed the jujutsu sorcerers, not a single one of them carried a suitcase beside herself. She clutched the coral backpack on her shoulder and held the handle, tilting the suitcase.

     Panda pointed at her. "What are you doing with all that luggage?"

     "What do you mean?" She shrunk in her place, eyebrows raising. "We're going to Kyoto, right? For the exchange event with our sister school in Kyoto?"

     "It's an exchange event with our sister school in Kyoto."

     Nobara gripped her hair, yelling, "NO WAY! WHAT DID I MAKE ALL OF THOSE PREPARATIONS FOR, THEN?"

     "No wonder our conversations have been off lately," Maki said, resting her hands on her hips.

     "Salmon."

     Atsuki winced. "I probably should've been more clear."

     "I WAS TOTALLY GOING TO GO SIGHTSEEING! ATSUKI! WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER TELL ME? WE'RE TOGETHER MORE THAN HALF OF THE TIME!"

     "I'M SORRY!" She held her hands up just in case Nobara grabbed her by the shoulders. "I thought you knew! Last year it was in Kyoto but Tokyo won because of Yuuta! So it's here because they won!"

     Nobara zoomed into Atsuki and grabbed her by the shoulders. She shook the taller girl as she stared down at her wide-eyed. "Aren't you friends with Okkotsu? I NEED YOU TO SEND HIM A MESSAGE!"

     Maki added, "The event was prior to freeing Rika. Apparently, it was an overwhelming win. I didn't see it, though, since it was held in Kyoto."

     Nobara let go of Atsuki. She picked up the magazine and rolled it up. She turned around and threatened the air, jabbing the magazine, "I WON'T FORGET YOU, OKKOTSU YUUTA. NOT THAT I'VE MET YOU!"