2.7 | Vacant

Capítulo VII- Vacío

Capítulo VII- Vacío

Atsuki was always one for boundaries. She kept to herself unless spoken to, mostly because it was developed throughout her childhood thinking people didn't care what she had to say. That's why she hadn't spoken to Megumi or Nobara since yesterday. She didn't want to evade their personal space. She didn't know how to act toward them when a friend of theirs had died. How could she when she didn't even know what she wanted? On one hand, she wanted to hide away in her room and on the other, she didn't want to be alone.

Then, again she feared approaching her friends. One more than the other. For Nobara it was much easier. She texted her where she was and Nobara replied to her almost immediately. She was sitting near the classrooms on the staircase with Megumi, the person she was afraid to approach. Her antics did annoy Megumi, but they never made him mad. Only once had she genuinely angered him.

It was a couple of weeks ago at the beginning of the school year when Atsuki wanted to know where he had been sneaking off to. He usually stayed in his room if he wasn't training, in class, or shopping for weekly necessities, usually, she and Gojou would accompany him into town. During this time, Megumi wasn't able to pick up her cursed technique like he is now. So, being nosey, Atsuki followed him.

She ended up in a hospital which raised more questions in her. He was very secretive and just like she was, he didn't speak unless spoken to. Megumi was very displeased when he saw her in the hospital. Her color scheme was too much for the bare white walls. He questioned her rather annoyed and didn't care what tone he spoke to her in. Atsuki felt small in the way he spoke to her. She apologized and told him she was worried for him. If she asked, he would have brushed it off.

As peeved as he was, a part of him felt bad for the way he talked to her. He stared at her with his eyes furrowed until he said, "I'm visiting my sister." He then walked off to where her room was and Atsuki stayed in the lobby. The guilt ate her alive on the way back to Jujutsu High. Neither of them spoke to the other unless it was necessary for the next week.

Atsuki hadn't surpassed his boundaries since that day. She would purposely annoy him here and there but never like that day. He was a private person and she should've minded her business. Thinking of what happened made Atsuki feel awkward and she was sure Megumi and Nobara could see it as she walked up to them. His eyes followed her as she seated between them.

"Live a long life?" Nobara quoted Yuuji. Atsuki froze upon hearing his last words. Megumi must have filled her in on what happened last night just now. "Doesn't mean much when you go and die yourself. Is this your first time having a partner die?"

Megumi responded, "First time for one my age."

"What about you, Atsuki?"

"Yeah." She added, "I've only had near-death experiences, but that takes too long to explain."