2.21 | The 2018 JUPPON

Captítulo XXI- El JUPPON de 2018

     Atsuki's forehead thudded against her hard desk as she waited for Gojou to enter the classroom. As always, he was late. He seemed eager to meet everyone at 7 am in the classroom only to be the last to show. Her friends' morning faces matched hers as she looked around. Megumi had his head resting on his palm, Nobara had her arms and legs crossed, watching the clock, and Yuuji-

      Surprisingly he looked the least tired. He had a smile on his face as he had a hand in his pocket. But even yet, the four teenagers regretted staying up late playing the new console with the second years.

     Bean bag chairs were snuck into Yuuji's dorm with takeout left over on the table. They had eaten most of their food but had gotten distracted by the competition of Super Smash Bros. on the screen. Yuuji's bed was a mess from the times they jumped onto his bed and wrestled over the controllers. The seven Tokyo students crammed into the small space, leaving Yuuji's sliding door open to let the late summer night breeze into the warm room.

     They told each other, "One more game." But that lie was told over and over until it reached 1 am.

     Atsuki was shocked they didn't get told to quiet down after yelling at the screen or each other. However, it was difficult to get in trouble when all Tokyo Students gathered in one room.

     "Where's Gojou-Sensei?" Yuuji pondered, peering at the door. "It's too early for him to be late, no?"

     "Like always," Megumi began, "Late."

     "What a waste of time," Nobara scoffed, turning her head away.

     Atsuki agreed, her voice muffled by the desk, "We could've used the extra eight minutes of sleep. I'm never staying up that late again." Atsuki's friends grumbled in agreement with her statements even though they knew they would stay up again.

     The classroom door slid open and a grinning Gojou bounced in. "GOOD MORNING, MY PRECIOUS TOKYO STUDENTS!" he excitedly greeted.

     Three out of the four students replied in grumbles. Yuuji matched his grin, replying, "Gojou-Sensei! Why are you so pumped!"

     "BECAUSE YUUJI-KUN!" He stood in the middle of the room, throwing his hands out to his sides, "TODAY'S THE JUPPON GRAND PRIX!"

     Atsuki lifted her head. The small red circle imprinted on her forehead from the desk faded away. "What is that?"

     "It's a game!" Gojou grabbed the four white boards sitting on his desk with a dry-erase marker attached to it. "You'll figure it out as we go along!" He set the board on her desk and walked over to Megumi's. "Trust me it's super easy!"

     "Juppon?" Nobara repeated. She exchanged glances with the first-years.

     "JUPPON!" Gojou pointed at her. He pressed a button on his cell phone and trumpets began a fanfare. "JUPPON GRAND PRIZE, ROUND ONE! LET IT BEGIN!" A  cheery song played out as he clapped, "Come on, everyone! Get hyped up!"