2.16 | A Brief Catch Up

Capítulo - Un corto reunión

     Yuuta looked 17 now that he was growing into his looks. Either that or the stress Atsuki was giving him made him look older in seconds. At first, when they started the call, she couldn't recognize him. He let his hair grow a couple of inches, covering the sides of his face and casting a small shadow over his darker eye bags. But as he spoke and expressed his emotions, he was the same boy she had last seen.

     The same couldn't be said for Atsuki. To him, she had remained the same physically wise, and personality-wise. However, he could feel that she seemed more confident than she was the last time he saw her and she confirmed it when she explained her fight with Miwa and the special grade curse.

     Atsuki aimlessly waved her arms around as she blabbered her mouth. She ignored the sharp pain shooting up her spine she was sure she was doing a good job hiding. The head injury had been treated by Shouko, a scar was the only evidence of any head trauma. It was an inch off from the scar she received last year from Getou's attack. The lack of hair growth made it easy to find the bald spot and she was almost certain the incoming scar would give her another.

     Yuuta was on the phone screen with furrowed eyebrows and an open mouth as he tried to speak. However, Atsuki was unintentionally interrupting him. She hadn't called him in a long time and being a sorcerer always had something new.

     "And then after Megumi was stabbed, so was Maki."

     "WHAT!" Yuuta's eyes widened.

     "Yeah!" She nonchalantly added, "And then I had a severe concussion and was bleeding all over the place."

     "THAT'S ALREADY FIVE PEOPLE!"

     Atsuki was sure she saw a sheer coat of sweat form on the poor boy's face. She quickly said, "Yeah, and it stayed that way. Toudou and Yuuji are fine." Yuuta's shoulders released a small amount of tension. "I heard Gojou used his hollow purple magic to try and exorcise that curse. Toge is all okay now. A few more doses from throat medication and he won't sound like he smokes 30 packs of cigarettes a day."

     "Oh, well, that's good. Are you okay?" he asked. He leaned forward on his seat. His breakfast was set aside to listen to her story. The stress he gave her didn't let him eat his food in peace.

     "Now I am. Thanks to Ieiri-San. I haven't seen the others yet. I was going to give them til one to rest before I go bother them." Atsuki received a text message on the top of her screen. Her eyebrows furrowed as she tried to read it quickly.

     "What's wrong?" Yuuta asked as she leaned toward the screen.

     "Nothing. Nobara and Yuuji are getting Pizza before we visit Megumi. Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Nobara wanted me to tell you to beware when you come back. She had a few things to say to you because you won the exchange event last year."