Prologue (I'll Accept Defeat 'Cause you Can't Swing When the Fight's Lost)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0VdRHjWTYHdjcgOcRVgVHp?si=8a15fd3c43e0411f

She ran, and ran, and ran. As fast as she could. Turning corners, going down alleyways, and jumping fences, but she couldn't lose this annoying ass cop.

"Come on, I thought you said you were gonna get me this time!" She taunted.

The rain poured, making it harder for both of them to see. Hair was falling in front of their faces, and they both almost slipped on multiple occasions.

"Gotta get that cardio in!" The cop taunted back, making her smile.

Kya hopped over another fence, Lin right behind her. It was like a classic game of cat and mouse with those two. Kya would get caught doing something she's not supposed to, Lin would just so happen to be the one catching her doing it.

Kya usually talked herself out of situations involving the cops, but Lin was a different story.

"Gotta be hard running in a dress?" Lin yelled out.

"At least I'm not running in some tacky uniform!" Kya yelled back.

Lin used her last burst of energy, reaching out for Kya's hand. Once she had a tight grip on it, she stopped dead in her tracks, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

Lin held Kya down by her wrists, both of them breathing heavily.

Neither of them spoke, they just looked at each other.

Water ran from Lin's hair, dropping on Kya's cheek.

Neither of them spoke.

Not a word.