Now I Know Your Name but not Who You Are

By the time Kya and Izumi finished talking and hanging out and Kya safely made her way back to her house, she was incredibly tired.

"Hey, honey. How's Izumi?" Her mother asked as soon as she walked in the door.

Kya reminded herself that Izumi didn't want her parents to know about the pregnancy. "She's great, Mom." She answered.

"You've been wearing a lot more makeup lately." Katara said.

Kya raised an eyebrow at her mom. "Is that a problem?" She asked.

"No, not at all." Katara flipped through the pages of her magazine. "Just wondering who the lucky fella is, is all." She smirked to herself.

Kya was taken back.

The reason she was wearing makeup was so her parents didn't see the bruises on her face. Surely not for some man.

But of course, they didn't know any different...

"It's no one, Mom. A woman can wear makeup for herself, ya know?" Kya said.

Katara chuckled as Kya made her way upstairs and to her room.

Kya started walking into her room when she noticed Tenzins bedroom door was open.

She approached the door and looked inside. It was empty.

She walked in and looked around a bit. He always keeps things neat and put away. Very minimalistic.

The opposite of Kya.

Kya looked at the map of the nations on Tenzin's wall, just above his desk.

Her eyes moved down to look at the desk and a picture of Bumi, Tenzin, and herself caught her eye.

She picked it up and smiled at it.

Other than pencils, notebooks, and a small globe, the picture was the only thing on Tenzin's desk.

"Kya?" A voice came from behind her.

Kya turned around and her father stood in the doorway.

"What're you doing in Tenzin's room?" He asked.

"The door was open. I thought he was home." Kya said.

"What do you got there?" Aang approached Kya and took the picture out of her hand.

"It was on his desk. I was just looking at it." Kya said in a tired voice.

"Everything okay, honey?" Aang sat the picture down on the desk.

"Yeah, I-" Kya paused. "I just..." She wasn't sure what to say.

Aang took in a deep breath. He wrapped his arm around her head and pulled Kya into him, kissing her temple.

"You're tired, droplet. Go get some sleep." He said in a gentle voice.

Kya made her way to her room and closed the door.

She shut off the light and sat on her bed.

She thought for a minute before turning on the lamp, opening the bottom drawer of her nightstand, and pulling out her rolling tray.

Kya sighed as she did what she does on most nights.

When she was finished, she closed the drawer, grabbed her lighter, and opened her bedroom window.

As she sat on the ledge, taking hits off of the joint every once in a while, she beat herself up on the inside.

Even though things were somewhat fine, Kya still hated herself for the way she acted.