I try to Cope with all the Changes

Lin groaned as she ran the toothbrush across her teeth.

Her face hurt like a bitch. If she weren't a cop, she probably would've given Su a couple of scars to match.

She pulled on her pants and figured the white tank top was fine given it was still warm enough outside.

After getting her shoes on, Lin got into her car and made her way to the Air Temple.

Tenzin invited her over for breakfast, hoping it would keep her mind off of her forced vacation.

"Lin, it's so good to see you." Katara hugged her as she opened the door.

"Hi, Katara. Where's Tenzin?" She asked.

"He's upstairs in his room." Katara said, gesturing to the stairs.

Lin walked up the stairs while Katara returned to the kitchen.

She was walking to Tenzin's room when Kya's door swung open as Lin was in front of it.

Kya jumped and let out a yelp, not expecting to see Lin there.

"Sorry! I was heading to Tenzin's room." Lin apologized, almost forgetting Kya didn't hate her anymore.

"It's okay, I was just going down for breakfast." Kya said.

Lin noticed her long brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun and her sweatpants were riding low on her hips.

"Katara's still cooking." She said.

Kya looked down the hallway to see both Bumi's and Tenzin's doors still closed. "That explains why those two losers are still in bed." Kya said.

"Uh- Tenzin's still sleeping?" Lin asked.

"Probably. He doesn't get up on Saturdays until breakfast is done." Kya said. "You can sit in here until he wakes up if you want?" She raised an eyebrow toward Lin.

"Sure." Lin nodded her head and Kya let her into her room.

As they walked in, Lin could smell the weed that Kya presumably smoked this morning.

"Well, Su is in Gaoling." Lin said as she and Kya sat on the bed.

Kya scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Why Gaoling?" Kya asked.

"My grandparents live there." Lin said.

"Huh. So, your mom is from the Earth Kindom?" Kya asked.

"Yep. My grandparents are the great Lao and Poppy Beifong." Lin sighed.

Kya's eyes widened and her head jerked to look at Lin. "Lao and Poppy Beifong are your grandparents? They're like, one of the richest families in the Earth Kingdom." She said, shocked.

Lin silently nodded her head. "Yeah, and they're worse than my mom when it comes to babying Suyin. She's probably getting a five-course meal as we speak." Lin laid back on Kya's bed, her legs dangling off of the side.

Kya mimicked Lin and laid her head next to hers.

"She'll get her karma." Kya said.

After a few minutes of silence, Kya spoke up. "You know what I never understood?" She asked.

Lin looked over and raised an eyebrow.

"Why are the nations called The Earth Kingdom, or The Water Tribes and stuff like that? I mean, I get it, the four elements, but for what reason?" She asked.

"Did you not pay attention in high school?" Lin joked.

"Lin, I got high in high school." Kya looked over at her.