I'm Still Angry at my Parents for What Their Parents did to Them

Lin moved her arms under her head as she started to wake. She felt a sharp pain when she took in a deep breath, like when she'd wake up on her desk in the morning. She opened her eyes and lifted her head, remembering why she was hurting; she slept on the couch.

With Kya...

She shot up, the blanket falling off of her shoulders as she did so. She wondered where Kya was, then she heard the shower running. She leaned into the cushion. Her ribs ached, her belt dug into her hips the whole night, her neck hurt, and the thought of laying down and sleeping in her work pants gave her chills down her spine.

But all Lin remembered feeling last night was completely relaxed laying on Kya.

She stood up and folded the blanket. She went to the kitchen and started getting the coffee grounds and filters when she realized coffee was already made. Lin felt her face heat up at the kind gesture as she got a mug. She poured the coffee then added a small amount of sugar.

As Lin turned around Kya came around the corner, "Morning." She smiled at Lin. Lin's hair was slightly messy from just waking up, and her tank top was only half tucked into her pants. She looked good in the mornings, Kya thought.

Lin stirred her coffee with a spoon, "Good morning." She said.

Kya got a mug and her tea and started making a cup, "No work today?" She asked.

Lin shook her head, "No, I'm supposed to have lunch with my mom today." She couldn't help but still feel self-conscious for falling asleep on top of Kya.

"That should be interesting." Kya said lightly.

"Yeah," Lin let out a small chuckle and sat her mug down in front of her. "I figured I'd leave some cash and let you go to the store. To be honest, I usually eat frozen meals after coming home from work, that's if I have the time and energy to eat at all. So, grocery shopping has never really been my forte." She said nervously.

Kya almost scolded Lin for not taking better care of herself. "Hey, uh," Lin faced her, but when Kya made eye contact, her eyes darted to the floor.

"I want to apologize for last night," Lin could feel her face heating up. As nice as it felt, she knew she should've gone to her bedroom when she felt herself getting tired. "I had a long day at work, and I was super tired. I didn't mean to fall asleep like that."

Kya stared at her in astonishment. She didn't mind at all that Lin had fallen asleep on top of her. In fact, she found it comforting. Lin's weight on top of her body, how soft her hair was in between her fingers, feeling Lin's breath against her skin, Kya enjoyed it far more than she'd admit.

"It's just- it's been a while since someone's..." Lin trailed off but Kya knew what she meant, "Lin," she put a hand on her shoulder, "It's okay. I would've told you if it had bothered me." She said.

Lin seemed to be embarrassed enough, so Kya wasn't going to tell her how she touched Kya's bare sides when she moved around. She wouldn't tease Lin about how she nuzzled her face into Kya's neck. She wouldn't admit that she almost couldn't get off of the couch this morning, because Lin's arms were so tightly wrapped around her waist. And Kya definitely wasn't going to tell that she thought she felt Lin give her a small kiss on her collar bone as she dozed off.

"It's alright, I promise." Kya absent mindedly rubbed her hand down Lin's arm. When she realized she was gently squeezing Lin's bicep, her face flushed and she turned away, "Uh, I'll see if Izumi wants to make an errand run with me." She said as she continued to make her tea.

"Right, yeah. Izumi loves running errands." Lin said sheepishly. Last night was the best sleep she had gotten in a long time. Even if her body ached now, and she knew she shouldn't have, Lin would do it again if she were given the chance.