I'm Still out Here With the Pills and the Dogs

Lin searched through her closet, looking for an outfit.

She pulled out a black and gold jumpsuit and decided it was good enough.

She got dressed and placed earrings in her ears.

Lin checked the time.

7:30 PM

She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her wallet, then headed out the door.

"Bumi, let mom and dad know I'll be back!" Kya yelled down the hallway.

"Where ya headed!?" Bumi yelled back.

"If they ask, to the convenient store!" Kya said.

"Yeah, sure. I know what that means!" Kya could hear Bumi laughing from his room.

She walked out of the house, closing the door behind her.

As Kya walked down the dark street, she placed a joint in her mouth and lit the lighter.

She took a couple of hits and ashed the joint on the sidewalk.

"Smoking anything good?" A deep voice came from behind her.

Kya froze and almost dropped the joint from her hand.

"Can we join you?" Another voice said.

Kya turned around and two men she recognized were standing close behind her.

"Give her some space, guys. Don't corner the girl." Now that voice she recognized.

Kya turned back around. "What do you want, Kei?" She said.

"Just wanted to talk." He leaned in.

"Well, I don't." Kya started to walk away when a hand grabbed her wrist and jerked her back.

She dropped the joint on the ground and Kei Xin stepped on it. "I don't think you get to make that choice." He grabbed Kya by the chin.

Kya pulled her hand back and slapped Kei hard in the face.

"Leave me alone!" She yelled.

The other man with Kei grabbed Kya's arm.

"Big mistake, Kya. Big mistake." Kya's eyes widened as the two men drug her into a nearby alley.

If there was a better time for Lin to catch Kya, Kya wouldn't know it.

Lin walked down the sidewalk with a smile stained on her face.

She just got the promotion of a lifetime, and she couldn't be happier.

Nothing could dampen the mood she was in.

Nothing but the sound of a slap and a scream coming from a woman nearby.

Lin rushed to the sound, finding three men standing around a familiar woman.

"K-Kya?" Lin said in disbelief.

Kya looked up, tired and weak.

She had bruises on her face and blood dripping from her nose and lip.

"Kya!-"

"And who do you think you are? Stopping us from doing our business?" Kei said.

"I'm the sergeant of the RCPD, and you three are going to leave her alone." Lin reached into her wallet and pulled out her gun.

The three men backed away from Kya.

"Hey, calm down there, Sarg. We were just chatting with an old business partner." One of the men said.