We're Overdue for a Revival

Lin woke up, looking over at her nightstand to see the time was almost 6AM. She reached over and turned the alarm off since she was already awake. That, and she didn't want to risk waking Kya, who laid right next to her in bed.

Lin slowly rolled over to face her, Kya's hand instinctively reaching out to rest on her side. Lin gently brushed a piece of hair behind her ear and let her hand lightly fall on Kya's face. The headlights shining through the window gave Lin a brief glimpse of the beauty in front of her.

That's really what she was... beautiful. The way her hair laid over her shoulders and how soft her face looked while she slept, the wrinkles forming on the corners of her eyes because spirits know how she loves to smile. She brushed her thumb back and forth on Kya's cheek. She leaned in and pressed her lips to her neck, letting them rest there. She took in a deep breath. Kya smelled like the way it feels after snowfall. When you take in a deep breath and feel the air enter your lungs. Or like a warm cup of tea, and Lin's favorite scarf.

This is nice, she thought. She couldn't remember the last time she felt this comfortable with another person and she was enjoying it. Lin may be bitter, angry, and burnt out, but all of that seemed to wash away when she was with Kya.

But she was also terrified to her core.

Because Lin knew that, just as soon as Kya came back, she could leave again. Kya could pack her bags and walk out of the front door tomorrow if she so pleased. She took another deep breath and held Kya a little tighter. She didn't want her to leave. She was starting to get used to another person in the house again. "I want to lay with you forever." She didn't mean to, but she mumbled it.

And when she did, Kya's arms tightened around her, "I could do that." She said.

Lin's face flushed and her stomach sank, "I didn't mean to say that out loud..." She said.

Kya pushed Lin back gently with a hand on her shoulder so she could look at her, "Good morning."

Lin anxiously put her hand on her own side, waiting for her to say something else. But Kya just kept looking at her. She looked in Lin's eyes, then to her lips. For a second her gaze landed on Lin's scars, but she still kept the same enamored expression, "...I could stay here with you." She whispered.

"...You're already staying with me-" Kya's giggling cut Lin's awkward sentence short, "That's not what I mean," she gently held Lin's face in her hands, "I mean here... In the city." She said.

Lin breathed shakily and her hands were as equally unsteady; she didn't think her heart rate could get so high, "I- I mean if that's what you wanna do... doesn't matter to me..." she tried to be nonchalant.

"Whatever, Beifong." Kya said with a smirk.

Lin released a breath and chuckled at the use of her last name, "Do you remember when you first started calling me by my last name?" she spoke quietly. Kya furrowed her brows, "I don't remember when I didn't," she giggled.

Lin took Kya's hand and placed it over her scars, "it was the day you stitched up my face. I always hated the sound of my last name. Hell, I still hate it unless..." Lin rubbed her thumb over Kya's lips.

Kya placed her hand over Lin's, "You're getting sappy on me." She joked. Lin just smiled at her, "I could get sappier if you want."

"Lin Beifong being all mushy and expressing her feelings? I'd love to see it." Kya teased.

Lin positioned herself on top of Kya, keeping a tender hold on Kya's face, "I never had a favorite flower until you handed me a Panda Lily," she whispered, "I never had a favorite color until you gave me your scarf," she pressed her forehead against Kya's, "I never had a favorite sound until I heard you laugh," she leaned in and kissed her, "I never-" she was stopped before she could get another word out. Lin sighed into another kiss, bringing Kya's face closer.