Snake 13

(Sorry I haven't replied to some comments lately, been very busy. This is technically half a chapter but I figured it worked well enough as a whole and I'll do the other part when I have time lol )

He still hadn't shifted, but he could at least walk a lot easier and could even climb up on the bed without help now. It had been two days since they'd gone to the pediatrician and within those two days, he was always with either Fen or Gin. He couldn't really blame them, though.

Since Fen could read his mind, he definitely must have heard his bad episode the morning after his appointment. It wasn't that he hated his current situation. In fact, it was probably the best one he'd had in his entire life, but sometimes those things just didn't matter when you started feeling bad.

Before he could get into the toxic stuff beneath the sink, however, Fen had rushed out of his office, leaving his work call abruptly to catch him in time. He'd scooped him up and tucked him right into his dress shirt, then sat back down to finish his meeting early. None of the people seemed very attentive on what he was saying after he'd returned, though. Part of the reason had likely been because their ultra-rich boss, or CEO, or he thought one of them might have called him a CFO, had an adorable little red panda tucked into his shirt with its fuzzy head partially poking out to stare at all of them.

After the video meeting, they went upstairs to the gym. He hadn't really been in the mood to run around right then, but when Fen literally began swinging across the monkey bars in his damn suit, with him still tucked into his shirt? His mood brightened a bit. A lot a bit.

Fast forward to Friday, and Pyre was staring up at Gin as the guy worked feverishly on his laptop. He had a test the coming Monday and had gotten behind on his homework because of a date he'd been asked out on. Pyre didn't really know the details, but Gin had mentioned that he'd wanted to study that day so he didn't plan to stay out long.

Unfortunately for him, the guy didn't bring him back home for at least six hours, severely messing up his homework plans. That was the first time he'd seen him angry over something. Even though his anger was nothing to Pyre's, or his adoptive father's when he got mad, but everyone had their own way of expressive their levels of frustration.

"Can I borrow some of your fluff for a minute?" Gin asked with a stressed sigh.

Of course. Anytime.

Pyre easily scaled the bed with the help of a slightly hanging blanket, then hobbled his way across Gin's body until he was snuggled in beneath the guy's chin. Gin settled a big hand on his back and began gently scratching there, making Pyre tilt this way and that so that the guy could get to the perfect spot.

He wasn't sure what happened after that because his panda decided that right then was the perfect time for a nap. He awoke about four hours later with his little body being hugged snuggly against Gin's chest as the guy snored quietly.

I've dreamed of waking up beside you like this for years, and now here we are... and I'm a midget panda who probably can't even get an erection that can be seen past all this fur.

The sound of the door opening drew Pyre's head up as he carefully wiggled out of Gin's arms, then lifted his front paws on top of the guy's shoulder, then pushed himself higher to see.

Instead of speaking, Fen simply nodded toward somewhere down the hall, silently asking if he wanted to come.

Why not...

Carefully but clumsily climbing over Gin, because he was too lazy to go around, Pyre made his way off the bed. He then ran out of the room and down the hall, testing his tiny legs just for the hell of it. He'd had quite a bit of oatmeal earlier and had managed to keep it down, so he had some energy to spare for once. In fact, he decided to do a quick lap around the living room, too, just because he could.