Snake 22

This fish sticks tasted like betrayal. He had eaten them strictly to be rid of them from the planet before deciding to check on Fen, who had gone to his room to take a nap. He'd taken several pain pills after coming home from his orthodontist appointment, and considering he simply texted him that he couldn't talk that great yet, Pyre didn't bother him. 

Just checking on him now... behave. 

Thankfully, the guy was tucked beneath several of his heavy heated blankets, not giving Pyre's mind a chance to come up with too many perverted scenarios. 

I think he might actually still be asleep. 

Pyre inched closer, noticing that it was getting pretty late. His vendetta against the remaining fish sticks had really made the time fly by. 

Pyre? 

Pausing by Fen's bedside, Pyre glanced back toward the open door. Most of the lights were already off, but one small one in the hallway allowed him to see Gin's outline standing in the doorway. 

Is he doing okay? Still asleep? 

Pyre quietly hurried from the room after one more glance down at Fen. As soon as he was back in the hall and had Fen's door shut he nodded. 

"Yeah, he's out cold. I'm glad they gave him good pain medication. I didn't realize he got surgery," he said as he walked with Gin back toward the main room. 

"He's been planning on trying it for a while, but it wasn't a sure thing. I guess he just needed the right push to go for it," Gin said, making Pyre stop walking and tilt his head, curious. 

He would have asked what the guy had had done, but he was sure that Fen would tell him when he was ready... if he felt like it. 

"If it helps him in any way, I'm glad he went ahead and did it," he eventually said as he turned into the kitchen and got himself a cup of cold water. 

He downed most of it before a sound drew his attention toward the elevator. 

It's almost eleven...

When the doors opened, he set his glass down on the counter and briskly walked up to the man who was stepping out. Gin met him there, their previous intentions completely forgotten. 

They both clearly wanted to ask the same thing; What happened? But they also both knew just by glancing at each other, that neither would. Instead, Pyre allowed Gin to take the lead and step forward. When he offered Blake a hand, the man hesitantly set his own bruised one in it. 

Since Fen was asleep and neither of them wanted to risk waking him, they brought Blake to their smaller bathroom and had him sit up on the counter. 

As Gin carefully helped him out of his torn shirt, Pyre dug through the medicine cabinet and found some band-aids, gauze, antiseptic, and whatever else they were going to need. By the time he refocused his attention on Blake, the man was missing his shirt... and what he saw there actually made Pyre's stomach angry that it had eaten earlier. 

Are you going to be okay? came Gin's worried thought as he began gently patting a long cut that looked like it had actually been caused by some sort of belt with a damp washcloth. 

He could sense Gin's worry grow, but Pyre understood what to say and not say. 

I'm fine. 

Instead of saying anything more, they both worked together quietly to tend to the many injuries on Blake's chest. It took about thirty minutes before Pyre leaned back, proud of their work. Thankfully, most of the cuts weren't very deep, but they would definitely leave a scar or two, and the skin around them was already bruising.