Chapter 14

Its been three weeks since Aditya and her had decided to get to know each other. Taani had started feeling comfortable with Aditya, she told him about her childhood, her past relationship and he never judged her, even after knowing about why the breakup happened. The thought him had started to make her blush on daily basis now, his intense stares gave her butterflies and made her flustered instead of making her feel uncomfortable.

Aditya had started falling for her, he couldn't stop thinking about her, her smile, the twinkle in her eyes when got excited about something, the way she blushed over small things, her dedicated focus on work, the way she was polite to everyone, how anyone can hurt her the way her ex had made him furious just thinking about it.

Sunday

Taani has been invited to have dinner with Aditya's family, Rishi is also in town so he will be joining them directly there from his meeting. Taani knew what the dinner was for, the elders wanted to know their decision.

Taani is getting ready, she is wearing a simple yellow anarkali with light makeup. She gets a text from Adi that he is waiting downstairs for her. She smiles and quickly leaves her flat.

Aditya is mesmerized looking at Taani in traditional, he can't take his eyes off her, Taani feeling a little shy with his intense stares walks towards him looking down. "You look beautiful" Adi says making Taani blush. "Haaayee yaar itna blush karogi toh me mar hi jaunga" Taani looks at him sharply, "Ho gaya aapka? Sab wait kar rhe honge, chaliye". Adi opens the door for her and she slides in.

"We got the Sinha project you know? I got a call in the afternoon" Aditya says making Taani beam, after all she had prepared the presentation. "Really!!!". "hmm, all thanks to you" Adi says, "I just prepared the presentation, you were the one who gave it" Taani says. "But they were really impressed with your presentation".

"Are you nervous about going back to college from tomorrow?" Aditya asks, "I am, I know its only for four months and thn I will be a graduate but I don't want to face them all" Taani says looking down.

"I know but I have seen how hard you are juggling between work and studies, you are overworking yourself, its better if you focused on studies for now and thn start working again" Aditya says. "And you don't even have to talk to them if you don't want to, you can just focus on the studies" even though Aditya didn't like the idea of Taani meeting her ex or her being uncomfortable around ex friends, he cared more about her wellbeing and education.

"I want to experience the remaining last months of my college life too, I don't want to regret later on feeling like I gave too much importance to people who didn't matter" Taani says in a small voice, she had been feeling this for a week now, since Sneha had quit to enjoy her the last few months of college life without work involved.

"Thn thats what you are going to do, you are stronger thn their petty taunts Taani, don't let them pull you down." Adi says taking her hand in his and squeezing it. The small touches had become quite frequent now.

They reach Khurana house

She quickly goes in and hugs her Tauji making him laugh and hug her back, "I missed you too beta" he says kissing her forehead. After breaking the hug she goes over to Shalini and Yash, she gives Shalini a hug and Yash a side hug as well, she had gotten a bit close to Yash as well during the last few weeks.

"Me bhi yahi hoon bhabhi, muje bhi hug karlo" Abhay says pulling Taani in a hug making Taani blush like crazy hearing the word bhabhi, which Abhay had started using every time he met her, regardless of Adi's threats to not harass her. She didnt mind Abhay's teasing, even enjoyed it a little.

"Zyada pareshan na kar meri bachchi ko, chalo sab khana khane bethte he" Shalini tugs Taani away from Abhay while Adi walks over to Abhay and smacks him making Abhay wince.

"So beta all set to join college again?" Yash asks Taani, "Haan uncle, bas thoda sa nervous hoon" Taani replies. "You will be fine, we will miss you in the office though" Yash says making Taani smile. "You should be really proud of her Rishi, she is going to be an excellent business woman" Yash says making Rishi look at Taani proudly while Taani looks down feeling shy with all the attention. Even Aditya is looking at her with pride which doesn't go unnoticed by Shalini.

"I am already proud of her Yash, she is a gem", "Tauji!", "sorry sorry" Tauji says with a laugh. Everyone smiles at that.

"So tum bachcho ne kuch decide kiya he? I mean we don't mind if you guys want more time, we just wanted to know if we could take the conversation a bit further or stop meddling all together if you guys don't like each other that is" Shalini says innocently making Aditya and Taani look at her with wide eyes, "Mom", "what mom, sahi toh keh rhi he tumhari mom" Yash says.

Flashback

Saturday, Taani and Aditya are on Taani's flats terrace, they are both sitting in a corner with their arms touching occasionally. "Can I wrap my arm around you?" Aditya asks making Taani smile, she likes that Aditya always takes her permission for small things, makes sure that she is comfortable but at the same time he voices out what he wants. She nods making Aditya slowly wrap his arm around her shoulder pulling her a little closer.

"You do know why the family wants to have dinner tomorrow right?" Adi says, Taani nods against his neck, "I just want to say this, you don't have to say anything but I can't keep it in. I like you, I think I am falling for you and I would want to marry you if or when you agree" Taani is a little overwhelmed, she doesn't know what to say but she feels good hearing Aditya, she hugs him taking Adi a little by surprise but he hugs her back just as tightly.

"I..I like you too" She mummers in the embrace making Adi break the hug with a wide smile. "What did you say?" he asks wanting to hear it again. "I like you too" Taani says with a blush but she has a fond smile on her face seeing Adi so happy.

"I am going to kiss you, if you want me to stop, thn you can say so" Adi says leaning towards her a little. But Taani just closes her eyes, her breath quickening with the close proximity and she tilts her head which Adi takes as a yes and he places his lips on her. Its a gentle kiss, a little unsure, a little hesitate, both their heartbeats beating so loudly that the other can hear it.

They break the kiss, Adi looks at her while Taani's eyes are still closed, he slowly places a kiss on her forehead making Taani sigh. "Would you want to say yes to the family tomorrow?" Adi asks making Taani nod. They cuddles in that corner for hours in silence after that.

Present

"Itna sharma kyun rhe ho bhai, haan bol do hum samaj jayenge" Abhay says teasing Adi making others chuckle while Taani looks down.

Aditya looks at Taani once and thn at his mom and says a soft "haan" making Abhay hoot. Tauji makes Taani look at him with questioning eyes and she nods shyly making Tauji beam at her.

"Me abhi mithai lati hoon sabka muh meetha karne ke liye" Shalini says standing up, Rishi and Yash hug and congratulate each other while Abhay hugs Adi, "I am really happy for you bhai" he says making Adi hug him tightly. Abhay thn goes towards Taani and let's out a loud "Bhabhi" and gathers her in a bear hug making Taani laugh.