Chapter 15

They all are done with dinner and are sitting in living room chatting, Aditya and Taani keep stealing glances at each other. "Shadi toh Taani ki padhai khatam hone ke baad hi hogi but agar bachcho ko koi problem na ho toh sagai karale agle hafte?" Shalini asks. "Itni jaldi?" Rishi asks while Taani is a bit surprised with the suddenness. "We have bagged the London project, I and shalini will have to move there for a little while, maybe 6 months and we don't want to make the kids wait for that long" Yash says making Rishi nod in understanding.

"When are you guys leaving?" Rishi asks, "in two weeks" Yash replies. "Taani tumhe koi aitraaz he? We are okay with whatever your decision is" Shalini asks Taani, "Umm I don't have any issues with the eng...engagement but I don't want to get married until I have completed my graduation" Taani says looking down shyly. "aur bhai ka jawab toh unki shakal se pata chal hi gaya he, toh na hum taiyaari start kardete he" Abhay says pulling Aditya's leg making him and Taani blush.

Its late by the time Taani and Tauji leave, "Tauji, aap aaj raat yahi ruk jao na, already bahot late ho gaya he and you look tired as well" Taani says and Rishi agrees.

Taani wakes up a little early to prepare herself for the day ahead of hers, she had changed her dressing style when she had joined the office and bought different types of casual clothes when she had first gotten her salary wanting a fresh start. She quickly wears a plain pair of jeans and floral sleeveless top.

She skips breakfast as she was too high on nerves. "Me drop kardu college beta?" Tauji asks sipping his coffee, "Umm woh Tauji Adi said he will drop me" Taani says feeling extremely awkward but Tauji just smiles. "Theeke, have fun at college, I havent talked to Swayam yet but aaj baat karlunga noon me tumhari sagai ke baare me" Taani leaves after saying goodbye to Rishi when she sees Adi's text.

She sees him waiting for her in blue pants, white shirt and a blue blazer, she checks him out from bottom to head, she looks up to find him staring at her as well. "Hi" Taani says, "Hi, did you sleep well?" Adi asks while opening the car door for her. Taani nods and Adi gets in the car as well. He passes a packet to her making Taani look at him questioningly, "Its a sandwich for you, I thought you might have been too nervous to eat anything" Adi says shrugging. Taani smiles at his care and unwraps the packet and bites into the sandwich.

"Are you sure you are okay with the engagement happening so soon?" Adi asks, Taani is silent for a minute, "Aapko nai karni?" Taani says in a small voice, "What? Me toh aaj shadi karne ke liye ready hoon if you say yes, I just don't want you to feel uncomfortable with the suddenness" hearing Adi, Taani feels overwhelmed. "Why do you care so much about me?" Taani asks without even thinking about it.

"Because you are you, I know I haven't known you for that long but jitna bhi jana he utna bahot he mere liye to care about you, hell even fall in love with you, I want to get to know you more though, I want us to grow together." Adi says truthfully.

Taani is looking at him with wide eyes making him chuckle, "Don't worry, abhi apne pyaar ka elan nai kar rha" Adi says to make her laugh which she does a little. "Wese tumne mere sawal ka jawab nai diya, if you are ready for the engagement or not" Adi asks again.

"I am" she says shyly looking out of the window, "Ready to become Taani Shekhwat Khurana?" Adi says teasingly, "If you are ready to become Aditya Khurana Shekhawat" making Adi make a face, "Too mouthful, but if that's what you want...." Adi says suggestively making Taani shake her head at him fondly. They reach the college making Taani let out a shuddery breath, "You will be fine, I will pick you up in the evening okay?" Adi says pecking Taani on her forehead relaxing her a bit. She gets out of the car and closes the door.

She leans a little into the open window, "I am fine with just Taani Khurana" she says and quickly steps into the college gate not waiting for Adi's reply. Aditya is smiling like an idiot while driving to his office.

College

Taani walks into the college head held high, she still remembers how she uses to walk with her head down in embarrassment when her breakup with Rey had become the college gossip, everyone used to make fun of her for wanting to become a housewife and thats why Rey had dumped her as she was too clingy and had no ambition. But she wasn't that old Taani anymore, she is going to finish her remaining college months with her head held high and not get affected by people's petty taunts and judgment.

The gang is in the canteen, Sharon and Swayam have been behaving a little stiffly with each other ever since their fight about Sharon's involment in Taani and Rey's breakup. Rey too hasn't been the way he used to be before Taani left, he laughs and tries to pretend he is fine but they can see how unhappy he is. The gang blames Taani for everything thats happening to their best friends but they try not to talk about her, scared of Swayam's wrath.

The hear a bell indicating that their class is about to start so they all leave the canteen. Taani is already in the class when the gang arrives, they are all shocked to see her there. "Taani!" Swayam and Rey say at the same time making her look towards them. Swayam quickly walks over to her and hugs her, Rey isn't that far behind standing and smiling at her.

"Ab yeh wapas kyun aagayi? Gayi toh bade tashan se thi" Vicky whispers making Sharon glare at him.

"Does this mean you are finally back?" Rey asks as Swayam breaks the one sided hug feeling a little sad but not letting it show. "By back you mean back in college thn yes, I have decided to not let other people's judgment and their petty behavior towards me stop me from experiencing the few remaining months of my college life" she says expressionlessly looking at Rey and thn at the gang before looking ahead blankly.

The gang glare at her for her comment but before anyone could say anything else the Professor comes in making everyone take a seat, Rey and Swayam take a seat next to Taani but Taani ignores them and focuses on the board and takes the notes.

Rey keeps on staring at her trying to catch her eyes but she doesn't pay any attention to him even though she can feel his eyes on her. She feels her phone vibrate and sees Adi's text asking her if everything is fine making her smile at his care, she quickly sends a msg assuring him.

After the class ends Taani quickly walks out of the classroom towards the canteen as she has 30 mins before her next class and to avoid Swayam and Rey but obviously they follow her and the gang follow their friends.

Taani sits on a table in a corner, "Taani you won't even look at us now?" Rey asks in sad, Taani feels a little guilty looking at him so sad. "Taani tu kesi he?" Swayam asks.

Taani tired of being rude just says "Theek hoon" Swayam hearing her talk to him takes a sit on the table she is sitting. Rey hesitantly takes a sit as well. The gang sit on the table next to theirs.

No one talks, Rey is looking at Taani making her feel uncomfortable, Swayam is trying to think of something to say which might not make Taani upset. Swayam gets a call from his dad, "Hello Dad, me theek hoon, haan Taani yahi he mere sath. WHAT? Aap Taani ko force nai kar sakte ese dad, what do you mean she said yes?!" Swayam hangs up the call looking at Taani, the gang and Rey are also looking at him after having heard him shout. Taani is bracing herself for the questions that are surely going to come her way.

"Kya hua Swayam?" Sharon walks towards Swayam and asks, "What did Taani say yes to?" Rey asks as well looking at Swayam.

"Taani is getting engaged" Swayam says.