Chapter 17

Taani and Adi get to Taani's house, Adi comes up with her for a cup of coffee, it has become a ritual of some sort for the past few days, he drops her, has a cup of coffee and they talk or just spend time together in silence.

Taani unlocks her door and they walk in, "You go, change and freshen up. Tab tak me coffee bana leta hoon" Adi says making Taani nod and she goes to her room while Adi discards his blazer and rolls up his sleeves and makes them both some coffee.

They are sipping coffee in her balcony sitting on the floor next to each other. "Want to talk about your day?" He asks making Taani sigh and she tells him everything. How Swayam found out, how Rey and Swayam reacted, Rey's apology and her acceptance of it. Aditya smiles, "You ask me why I care about you when you yourself care about others so much, even the ex who caused you so much pain, because of whom you felt so insecure and yet you forgave him, how could I not care about someone who is so caring and loving?" hearing Aditya Taani feels touched.

"I am not in love with him anymore you know, I just care about him and since he will always be my first love, I have a soft spot for him but there won't ever happen anything between him and me, we are just going to be friends" Taani says wanting to assure Adi even though Adi didn't ask for it, "I know Taani, I trust you, you don't need my permission to be friends with someone, all I ask is that you be careful because I don't like seeing you upset" Aditya says with a smile.

Taani finishes her coffee and before standing up she quickly kisses his cheek and leaves blushing a little while Adi is smiling goofily, he gets up as well and walks towards her where she is standing near the kitchen sink her back facing him. He hesitantly wraps his arms around her waist making her take a shuddering breath, he pulls her towards his chest, he softly kisses her neck making her close her eyes and thn her cheek. He turns her around, she slowly opens her eyes, her softs curves are against his hard body, she leans forward a bit making Adi lean as well, he slowly places his lips on hers, the kiss is gentle but confident, Adi's grip tightens around her waist making Taani let out a breathy moan which gives Adi an opportunity to plunge in his tongue, Taani's one hand is around his neck and the other in his hair pulling him closer. They break apart breathing heavily, their foreheads are touching, eyes still closed savoring the moment.

They are interrupted by Taani's phone ringing, Adi leaves her and Taani steps away a little towards her phone breathing a bit heavily with a blush. "Hello? Haan Tauji, ji, umm haan theeke, okay bye". She hangs up the call 5 mins later and looks at Adi who is looking at her with adoration in his eyes. "Woh engagement Jodhpur me hone wali he" Taani says, "Haan, dad and mom se baat hui thi aaj, we will leave on Thursday and be back by Sunday night." Adi says making Taani nod with a smile. "Nervous?" He asks, "Thoda sa" she replies, "Me too, woh kya he na pehli baar sagai ho rhi he meri" Adi says with a teasing smile while Taani shakes her head fondly at him.

Adi leaves for his house after a bit, while Taani feeling drained goes to sleep early after having a light dinner.

Taani wakes up to her alarm, she turns it off and lazily gets out of bed, gets ready and thn has her breakfast. She is putting the plate in the sink when she gets Adi's text that he is waiting. She walks towards him with a smile, "Chalein?" He asks with a smile after giving her a forehead kiss, she nods and off they go.

He drops her off and thn leaves for college. She has an early class today so she quickly gets there, the gang is already there, Swayam smiles looking at her, Rey too although his smile is a little painful. She gives a small smile to Rey and takes the only available seat which is next to Swayam. "Goodmorning Bachcha", "Good morning" Taani replies back not rudely. The gang had decided to be tolerable towards Taani if not nice, not wanting to jeopardize their friendship with Swayam or make Rey more upset thn he already is.

They are in canteen for lunch, "So Taani when is the engagement?" Sharon asks, "Umm this Saturday in Jodhpur, aap aaoge?" She asks even though she has issues with her but Sharon is important to Swayam and might become her family in the future.

Even though Sharon is surprised, "Off course, if Swayam doesn't have any problem with it?" She looks at Swayam questioningly, "Why would I have any problem?" Swayam says with a small smile. "Muje nai bulaogi?" Rey says with a pained smile, Taani looks at him, "Agar bulaungi toh aaoge aap?", "Tum meri har khushi me shamil hoti aai ho, toh fir me is baar tumhari khushi me shamil kyun na houn?" (Aur shayad tumhe kisi aur ka hote dekh, mere agar koi hope bachche bhi he woh bhi khatam ho jaye, Rey thinks), "Aap sachme aaoge?" She asks not believing him, "Tumhare hone wale..hone wale mangetar ko koi problem na ho toh zaroor aaunga, does he know about me?" Rey says with difficulty on the mangetar part but he puts on a fake smile which Taani sees through.

"He does, he won't mind you coming" Taani says, making him let out a sad smile, "Fir theeke he, I will be there" He says, Sharon and Swayam are looking at him sadly, Taani thinks that having his friends with him might make him feel a bit better so she invites the gang as well, making them look at her in surprised but they agree as they might also get a chance to visit a different city.

The rest of the day is mostly uneventful, they leave the college together, Taani had gotten a text from Aditya that he might not be able to pick her up because of a sudden meeting. But when they reach the gate she sees Abhay waiting for her, she smiles, "Abhay!", Abhay looks up hearing his name and smiles brightly and walks towards her, "Bhabhi!" He hugs her making everyone look at them in surprise, she hugs him back.

"Tum yaha kya kar rhe ho?" She asks after breaking their hug, "Bhai ki meeting thi na, toh mera college khatam ho gya tha toh socha aaj me pickup karlu", "Tum dono bhi na, chhodo, meet my brother, Swayam bhai, bhai yeh he Abhay, Aditya's younger brother" Abhay and Swayam shake hands, "These are his friends" Taani says pointing towards the gang, Abhay nods at them in greeting.

"So Taani partner, mom ne kaha he ki aapko ghar leke aaun, she wanted to discuss something with you" Abhay says making Taani nod, "Bye guys" she says looking towards mostly Swayam, Rey and Sharon. "Bye Taani", Taani and Abhay leave.

"Ab woh kisi ki bhabhi he" Rey says chuckling softly making them look at him with sympathy, "Ese dekhne ki zarurat nai he, I will be fine" Rey says putting on a brave face. "Are you sure you want to attend the engagement?"
Swayam asks making Rey nod, "I think I need to see her becoming someone else's, also I meant it when I said I want to be with her on her happy day" Swayam nods understandingly, "You know we are there for you Rey, you don't have to pretend with us" Sharon says making Rey look at her with a pained expression, "We are here for you too Rey" the gang says. "I know guys" Rey says.