Chapter 16

"WHAT?!" Rey is looking at Taani with shocked expression. "Taani did dad force you into this? Tu muje bata sakti he, me baat karunga unse" Swayam says looking at Taani, "Haan Taani, you can't just marry some guy because of your Tauji!" Rey says making Taani angry.

"First of all Tauji didn't force me into anything, how could you even think that bhai? Second I agreed to this engagement on my own because I want to get engaged to him" Taani says shocking everyone. "How could you do this to me Taani? I know mujse galti hui thi but-", "Rey I am not doing anything because of you, I didn't leave college because of you, I didn't come back because of you and I am not getting engaged because of you either." Taani says tiredly, "We broke up months ago Rey".

"So thats it? You don't love me anymore? What you love him now? How can you move on so quickly?" Rey says anguished. The gang and Sharon are giving him sympathetic looks, "Taani were you really so desperate to become someone's housewife that you said yes to the first guy you came across?" Vicky says making Taani smile bitterly, "VICKY" Swayam shouts, finally breaking his silence, "Don't you dare talk to my sister like that" he says angrily, "What about your best friend Swayam? Just look at him, look how your sister has hurt him" Simmi says making Swayam looks at Rey who has tears in his eyes.

"Rey my intentions were not to hurt you-", "Toh fir kyun kar rhi ho itna hurt Taani? Kyun maaf nai kardeti muje?" Rey says pleadingly. "Rey please move on, even if I wasn't getting engaged, we weren't going to get back together" Taani says gently to Rey ignoring everyone else.

"Kyun nai? Itna bura ban gaya hoon me tumhare liye?", "Buri me ban gyi thi aapke liye Rey, we weren't meant for each other, you never understood me, you didn't trust me with your feelings, love isn't everything Rey" Taani says softly.  "I am sorry for everything Taani, it will never happen again, I will never hurt you again, I will do everything you say, I will change but please give me one chance" Rey begs making Taani tear up a little too. "I forgive you Rey but I am sorry I can't, I can't be with you again." Saying so Taani leaves the cafeteria with a heavy heart whereas Rey sits down on a chair and breaks down.

"Rey sambhal apne aapko" Sharon says consoling Rey, the gang and Swayam also are trying to make him feel better. Rey suddenly sits up and wipes his eyes, "I have lost her as a partner Swayam but I am not going to lose her as a friend, woh sahi keh rhi thi, I never understood her, never trusted her, lied to her. I broke up with her and yet she apologized to me for hurting me..... I am done being a selfish person towards her." Rey says surprising everyone.

They all sit in the canteen for a while before Rey feels a little better and thn they go to their class. Taani is sitting in a corner, she looks towards them and they see her red eyes indicating that she had been crying. She quickly looks down. Swayam and Rey again go towards her and sit next to her surprising her but she doesn't say anything and neither do they.

The class ends and the Prof leaves but Taani remains seated and so do Swayam, Rey and the gang. "I am really sorry Rey" Taani says in a small broken voice making Rey tear up a bit. "I am sorry Taani, you have done nothing wrong so please don't say sorry. I am not angry at you and if..if your happiness is in this....this engagement, thn so be it, me and Swayam are there to support you" Rey says with a very heavy heart and difficulty making Taani look up at him in surprise. "Sachme?" Taani not believing it. Making Rey nod, "Just on one condition" Rey says making Taani look at him doubtfully, "Kya condition?", "You have to accept my friendship" Rey says extending his hand towards her.

Taani thinks for a moment making Rey think she won't shake his hand but after a minute she does making Rey smile sadly. Taani let's out a small smile as well.

"Taani, Rey is right, if your happiness is in this engagement thn we are happy for you, will you allow me to be there?" Swayam asks making Taani look at him, "You don't need my permission to attend your sister's engagement, I am angry at you, I didnt cut ties with you" she says and thn gets up collecting her things before Swayam could say anything.

They all attend another class and thn they are leaving, Taani has to use to washroom so she goes there while the gang is outside the gate, Swayam is waiting for Taani wanting to see if she needs a ride whereas the girls are ogling a guy who is standing next a fancy car leaning on it.

Rey is in his thoughts, "He is so hot" Simmi says making the girls hmm, "he is Aditya Khurana, I saw him at a party my parents had hosted. Apparently he is really good in the business world, my dad wouldn't stop praising about him at the party" Sharon says.

Taani walks out of the college gate and sees Adi waiting for her making her smile. Rey looks at her as well but her focus is only on Adi and she quickly walks over to him making everyone surprised. Swayam walks over to them and the gang follows as well, the girls wanting to meet the hot guy and Rey curious to see Taani so happy.

Adi sees her and smiles, he quickly kisses her forehead, "How was your day? Did anyone trouble you?" He asks in concern. "No, my day was good, aap aaj 6 baje se pehle office se nikal gaye? Kya baat he, I feel special." Taani says teasingly, "Well you are special" Adi says making Taani blush a little.

"Taani?" Swayam calls her feeling uncomfortable with how close his sister is to this new guy, Rey is trying not to show his hurt but is failing miserably, he turns a little and wipes his tear and puts on a smile before turning around, no one notices this other thn Sharon who puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Umm Adi this Swayam Bhai, bhai this is Aditya" Taani says feeling awkward, "And these are his friends and Rey", Adi looks at Rey and nods, thn he forwards his hand towards Swayam. "Nice to meet you" Swayam shakes his hand as well.

"Woh, Ghar chalein?" Taani says in a small voice as she was feeling uncomfortable and Adi agrees, "I will see you guys around" saying so he opens the car door for Taani and thn gets in as well.

"Are they living together?" Simmi wonders out loud making Sharon glare at her, "Guys I am not feeling that well, I will see you guys tomorrow" Rey leaves.

Swayam looks at the gang, "Aaj ke baad if I hear anyone of you say anything to hurt my sister, I will forget that you are my friend, one more badmouthing word towards her and I will end this friendship and make you regret it." Swayam says warning them all.