Chapter 18

Taani and Adi are having a walk in Khurana house, Abhay is out with Sneha while the Adi's parents had gone out for dinner with some business partner.

"Are you sure you don't mind Rey and Bhai's friends coming to Jodhpur?" Taani asks again, "Taani, you are allowed to invite whoever you want to our engagement, its your day" Adi says, even though he feels a little weird at the thought of her ex being there, he knows that Taani is getting engaged to HIM, is going to marry HIM, he can put aside the little jealous part of himself and focus on the larger picture.

"Its your day too, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable" Taani says in a small voice, "Taani, I don't mind, I know he is your friend now, all I care about is that you want to marry me, you like me" he says making Taani look at him in admiration, she stops walking and faces him, "I do, I want to marry you and I think... I think I am falling for you" she says the last part blushing bright red but not taking her eyes off his.

Aditya let's out a wide smile, he clears his throat, "Well we are on the same page thn" he says pulling her in a hug and kissing her forehead, Taani hugs him back tightly, she not only feels comfortable in his arms but safe and cared for as well. He gives her a small affectionate peck on her lips after breaking the hug making her smile against his lips.

Aditya drops her to her place, Taani invites him up, "Kuch order karein? Bhookh lagi he" Adi says walking into her house with her, "Pizza?" Taani asks making Adi nod, "You put on a movie and I will order some pizza for us" he says making Taani nod with a smile. Taani puts on Pride and Prejudice and they both get settled on the sofa with Adi's arm wrapped around Taani and Taani's head resting on his shoulder. The pizza comes and they both have it watching the movie and occasionally stealing glances at each other.

Adi leaves after the movie ends giving Taani a hug and a forehead kiss, Taani loves the way Aditya treats her, with gentle kisses and loving touches, he makes her feel special and wanted.

Its 10PM when Taani gets a call from Sneha, she had been doing her assignment, "Taani! I think I am screwed!" Sneha is crying on the other side making Taani straighten up in concern, "Sneha kya hua?!", "Taani I missed my periods and and I don't know, what if I am pregnant! I am not ready to become a mother, I haven't even finished my education yet!" Sneha says, "Sneha calm down, kaha ho tum? Everything is going to be fine, Abhay kaha he?" Taani asks, "Me ghar pe hoon, Abhay has gone to get the pregnancy tests but I am so scared Taani, with all the tests and assignments I didnt pay any attention to my periods, how f*cking stupid can I have been!", "Sneha, I am coming okay? Just calm down, I will be there in 10 mins" Taani hangs up and quickly books a cab to Sneha's house.

She reaches there and the door is open, she walks in to find Abhay pacing in Sneha's room, "Where is Sneha?" She asks, "Bhabhi? Aap? Sneha is in the bathroom" Abhay says a bit surprised to see Taani there. Taani knocks on the bathroom door and Sneha opens it, Abhay and Taani walk in, Taani sees 5 pregnancy sticks laying on the sink. "Itni sari?", "we wanted to be sure" Abhay says, "Its negative and I started my periods as well" Sneha says feeling relieved. "F*ck, thank god" Abhay and Taani let out a relieved breath as well.

"Sorry Taani for making you come like this in the middle of the night but thank you" Sneha says hugging Taani, "Pagal he? Off course I was going to come, just please tell me you guys are being safe" Taani even though feels a little awkward but asks anyway. "We are, we always use protection, but a month ago we had gone to a party and we had been really drunk, I usually never miss my periods-", "You can also miss your periods because of stress Sneha" Taani says.

"Bhabhi I swear we are always careful, I would never intentionally be so irresponsible" Abhay says, "I know Abhay, these scares happen now and thn in a relationship, its normal" Taani says seeing how upset Abhay is looking. "Even if something had happened, you guys won't be alone, you have people around you to guide you" Taani says making them smile a little.

"Abhay go and drop Taani, its too late" Sneha says making Abhay nod, Taani and he leave, "Thanks again for coming bhabhi, I was scared as hell and Sneha too", "Abhay, don't be so formal, Sneha was quite scared, you should go be with her right now" Taani says after Abhay has dropped her.

Aditya picks her up in the morning, they are in the car, "Rishi uncle called, your brother had informed him of his friends joining us for the engagement toh he has arranged for a bus for all, thought it would be fun, Abhay, Sneha will be joining us too but if you wanted to go by car thn I don't mind driving either" Adi says, "Nahi its fine, we are leaving tomorrow morning na? So that we reach there by Friday morning?" Making Abhay nod, "It is sooo not a good idea that we are going to be shopping just a day before the engagement" Adi says, "But I want to shop from Jodhpur, you already agreed!" Taani says with a pout, "I did, anything the future fiancé wants" Adi says with a teasing smirk making Taani blush.

He drops her off with a peck, Rey sees this as he had just arrived and feels a pang seeing her smile so lovingly at another guy. He looks away with a sad smile and gets inside the college, he joins the gang in RH, "Swayam tune bulaya tha?" "Haan rukna woh Taani aa hi rhi he, she texted she is on the way" Swayam says making Rey smile, "She has reached the college, aati hi hogi", she comes in a few minutes later, she walks towards Swayam and looks at Rey and gives him a small smile, "Ab batao kya baat he Swayam" Sharon asks, "So we all leave tomorrow, bus has been arranged, hum sab mere gharpe milenge at 9:30 something, we have to leave by 10am" Swayam says.

"Okay, I was thinking of buying some traditional wear, aaj evening me shopping karne chale?" Sharon says looking at the girls, "Tumhari shopping ho gyi Taani?" Swayam asks, "Umm nai, muje Jodhpur se karni he so me Friday ko karungi" Taani replies, "Oh, toh me bhi wahi se karlungi" Sharon says and the girls agree as well.

"Taani tumhare hath ki chai pine ka man kar rha he, aaj ghar chalogi thodi der ke liye?" Swayam says looking at her hopefully, "Tumhare hath ki chai toh muje bhi pine ka man kar rha he" Rey says hoping that she will say yes as Swayam is really missing her and he wants his best friend to be happy. "Muje bhi" Sharon says understanding what Rey is doing.

"Woh, why don't you guys come to my house?" Taani asks biting her lip, Swayam will take anything that Taani gives as he just wants to spend some time with his sister, so he readily accepts with a smile. Rey and Sharon also nod. "You should invite Aditya as well, hum bhi toh mile theek se use" Rey says surprising Taani, while Swayam and Sharon look at him understandingly.

They attend the classes, Taani calls Adi in her break time letting him know that Swayam was going to drop her at her house and Rey and Sharon were also coming, that she would like it if he joined. Adi tells her that Abhay might also come as his car isn't working so Adi is going to pick him up.