Chapter 19

Taani gives her address to Swayam, she is seating in the front seat with Swayam driving, Rey and Sharon are seating in the back. "You live on your own Taani?" Sharon asks and Taani nods, "Tauji helped me find this flat" she replies. Swayam feels bad remembering how because of his behavior he had driven his sister away.

They reach her flat, she unlocks it letting everyone in, they look around, "The balcony is really pretty Taani" Sharon says making Taani let out a small smile, "Aap log bethiye me chai lati hoon" she says moving towards the kitchen. Swayam, Rey and Sharon take a seat on the couch, "She seems so different thn before na? So much mature" Swayam says in a low tone, "She was always mature, we just never noticed it" Rey says. Taani brings the tea for everyone and takes a seat, she had left the main door open for Aditya and Abhay.

"Do you like it hear Taani?" Swayam asks, "I do, its my home now" Taani replies not wanting to be hurtful but also wanting to say the truth. Swayam nods, somewhere happy that his sister is happy. "Bhai, please, I am sorry na!" Abhay runs in screaming making Taani stand up and go towards him, he quickly puts her between him and Adi who walks in with an angry expression. Rey, Swayam and Sharon are surprised at the scene, "Adi kya hua?" Taani asks surprised to see Adi so angry, "Isse pucho, how bloody irresponsible he is! Idhar aa tu" Adi says moving towards Abhay but Taani steps in between. "Taani bich me se hato" Adi says seriously, Swayam and Rey stand up but before they can say anything Taani puts a hand on Adi's chest, "Adi calm down" Taani says gently.

Adi sighs and he looks at her, "Is it about Sneha's pregnancy scare?" She asks, "You knew about it? Muje kyun nai bataya?" Adi asks, "Kyunki Abhay batane wala tha, Adi these kind of things are normal in a relationship", "Taani they are not ready for a kid, they should have been more careful", "Adi you know your brother, you know how responsible and careful he is, Sneha missed her periods because of college stress but we both know that they are mature enough to handle this situation if something had happened, you should be grateful that he confides in you" Taani says strongly.

Swayam, Sharon and Rey are looking at Taani shocked with how frank she is being with Aditya, talking about periods and indirectly about sex, "I just want him to be able to enjoy his youth before he has to take any big responsibilities-", "I know bhai and I am really sorry for disappointing you, I will be more careful in the future I swear!" Abhay says genuinely but doesn't come out from behind Taani.

"Apni bhabhi ke pichhe chhupna band kar aur idhar aa" Adi says and Abhay reluctantly goes towards him, "Next time esa kuch hua before you are married, I swear" Adi says balling his fist, "Zyada strict hone ka natak mat karo, pata he kitne soft ho aap when it comes to Abhay, Shalini aunty kal hi shikayat kar rhi thi about how you have spoiled him" Taani says smiling and taking a seat. Abhay smiles at her and jumps and sits next to her, "Aap log bhi betho na" she says suddenly remembering the trio.

"Oh hum to humare drame me manners hi bhul gaye, hey, kese ho aap log?" Abhay says making them let out a small smile, "Hi, hum theek he" Swayam says. "Chai thandi ho gyi hogi, me garam karke lati hoon" Taani is about to stand up but Adi stops her, "Tum betho me karke aata hoon" She smiles at him.

"Thanks Taani partner, muje laga tha ki aaj marne hi wala hoon" Abhay says sheepishly, Taani smacks his arm, "Kuch bhi, you know he dotes on you, he just wants you to be happy and carefree for a little while longer" making Abhay nod with a smile. "You know him quite well" Rey asks with a pained smile making Taani look at him, "Thoda bahot" she says not knowing what else to say, Abhay who didn't know about Rey and Taani, "Thoda bahot? Kabhi kabhi toh muje lagta he that you know him more thn I do when I have known him for 20 years, you know how to calm him down when he is angry, I know you text him reminding him to have his lunch, you always know when he has forgotten to eat-" Abhay says taking Swayam, Rey and Sharon by surprise, they thought it was an arrange marriage but it looks more like a love marriage, Taani clearly is very close to Aditya. Abhay is interrupted by Adi coming in with chai, "Kya baat ho rhi he", "Kuch nai" Taani says giving Abhay a glare, telling him not to utter another word.

"So I have heard you guys are dancers?" Adi sits on the floor as there's not much space to comfortable sit on the sofa, "Yeah, we want to open our own Dance Academy after we graduate" Sharon says making Adi nod, "Thank you guys for agreeing to come to our engagement, it means alot to her, especially your coming Rey" Adi says with a small smile taking Rey by surprise, "It should be me thanking you, I can see how happy Taani is with you" Rey says with a small smile as well.

"How did you guys meet?" Sharon asks, "Umm I had joined Khurana office as an assistant, we worked together" Taani replies, "You were working?" Swayam asks surprised making Abhay look at him in surprise but he doesn't say anything. "I did for more thn a month but I wanted to enjoy the remaining last months of college so I quit", "Mr Sinha was asking about you, I told you, you had left quite an impression on him with your presentation" Adi says with a proud smile.

"Yaar aap dono please work related baatein mat sharu kar dena firse, me bored ho jata hoon" Abhay says making faces, Taani twists his ear, "Meri baatein bore karti he tumhe?" Taani says "Ouch Bhabhi" he says rubbing ear with a pout. "Nataunki" she says. Adi is looking at them with a fond smile, Rey sees how at ease Taani is with them both and feels a pang because she was never at this much ease with him.

Swayam is looking at her with a sad smile, remembering how he and Taani used to be this close, more close back before he had left for Mumbai. Sharon is looking at Taani in different light as well, she had never seen her be this confident, smiling to the fullest before.

They finish their chai, they all decide to leave as they have packing to do for tomorrow.