Chapter 21

Adi is still working when the bus stops for lunch at a dhaba, Taani is taking a nap on his shoulder but she wakes up when she feels the bus stop moving. Sneha wakes Abhay up, they all stretch and get down, "I have been craving dhaba food for ages" Abhay says after they get down from the bus, making a few nod.

They all go and freshen up in the loo before sitting on a big table, Taani sitting with Adi on one side and Swayam on the other with Sharon next to him. "What are you thinking of having?" Adi asks Taani as they both look over the same menu, "Hmm, kadai paneer aur butter naan with chaas! Uff I am already drooling" Taani says with an excited glee making Adi look at her fondly, "I think I will have aloo paratha achaar ke sath" Adi says closing the menu.

"Bhai doh hafte baad aap perform karne wale ho na xyz ke concert me? I was thinking if you could get me two passes for my college friends?" Abhay asks making the gang look at a bit curiously at Adi, "Sure, remind me when we get back from Jodhpur" Adi says with a small smile. "What kind of performance?" Sharon asks, "I am a singer, I usually do a few performances here and there, its my hobby" Adi replies thn looks at Taani, "Have you thought if you would like to perform with me?" He asks making her roll her eyes, "Adi we have had this conversation too many times now, aapko pata he na muje stage freight hota he" Taani says.

"But Taani partner aap akele thodi honge stage pe, also if you feel too nervous toh bhai ko dekhke ga lena and crowd ko ignore kardena, kafi romantic scene hojayega" Abhay says gleefully, "You sing?" Rey asks looking at Taani making the gang look at her, she bites her lip a bit flustered because of all the stares, "Thoda bahot" she mumbles.

"I totally forgot that you used to sing in school competitions and stuff! You were so good." Swayam exclaims, "Well aap kafi cheezen bhul gye he so ek aur se kya farak padta he" Taani says with a bitter smile making Swayam look at her with a pained expression while a few become uncomfortable with the tensed atmosphere.

The food arrives, "uff kya khusboo he khane ki" Abhay says making Taani nod, "It smells heavenly and tastes amazing too, aap try karoge?" Taani asks Adi after having a bite herself making Adi nod his head as he knows he doesn't really have an option as Taani is already shoving a bite of paneer and naan in his mouth.

Rey swallows drily, feeling hurt seeing how happy and comfortable Taani is with Aditya, remembering how she used to feed him when they were together.

Taani quickly realizes that she and Aditya aren't alone and have company which makes her blush cherry red and she lowers head. "Awwh, tum muje kyun nai khilati" Abhay whines looking at Sneha making her and Adi roll their eyes,
"Kyunki I have to be quick and finish my food otherwise you will eat mine as well as yours" Sneha replies in a teasing tone making Abhay pout and Taani giggle. "Tu idhar aa, me khilata hoon tuje" Aditya says drily making Taani let out a smile, "Arey bhai aap bhabhi ko khilao, dekho woh wait kar rhi he ki kab aap ko akal aaye aur kab aap unhe khilaye jese unhone aapko khilaya" Abhay says teasingly making Taani and Adi both blush.

"Sneha ek aakhri baar achche se dekhlo ise, kyunki yeh mere hathon marne wala he" Taani says with a sweet smile on her face and calmly stands up making Abhay gulp down nervously whereas Adi and Sneha just smile, "Dekh liya Taani" Sneha replies, "Dude you are supposed to be my girlfriend!" Abhay says standing up as well and inching away from Taani. Aditya and Sneha just remain seated, used to Taani and Abhay behaving like kids, though Taani doesn't let Adi scold Abhay but she and Abhay had taken on bickering all the time, both being the younger sibling and having alot in common personality wise.

The gang is looking at all this with mixed expressions, they had never seen Taani be this playful, Swayam is reminded of how Taani used to run around their house growing up and he had thought that she had maybe changed or grown up after coming to Mumbai but it seems she just had stopped being herself around him which makes him feel like the shitty brother that he has been.

Before Taani can start chasing after Abhay, Adi holds her hand, "Chup chap bethke pehle khana khao dono, fir complain karoge ki khana thanda ho gaya, come on" Taani sticks her tongue out at Abhay before sitting down and Abhay does the same before he takes his seat. "I swear its like I am surrounded by two 5 year olds instead of adults" Sneha says with a teasing smile. "Mera toh theek he but you are the one dating a five year old! What does that say about you?" Taani retorts back with a smile as well.

"The same that is said about Aditya" Sneha replies back making Adi scrunch up his nose, "Okay no one is dating a five year old and no one is marrying a five year old" he says with a grossed expression making Taani giggle.

"Why did you want to do an arrange marriage?" its Simmi who asks looking at Aditya, "Simmi thats a personal question!" Sharon says looking at Simmi warningly. "Umm its fine, it wasn't about want, I have never been against arrange marriage or love marriage, I just hadn't found the one yet and when my parents asked me if I would like to meet Taani officially I said yes as I kind of already had started liking her after having spent some time with her working in the office and hanging out" Adi answers.

"I knew there was something going on when we had gone to that club and Taani had sang, Adi couldn't stop looking at her even after the performance had ended, it was so cute!" Sneha says making Abhay nod, "And every day house dropping, lunches with stolen glances and overtime? I am pretty sure agar mom dad involve nai hote toh bhi they were going to get together with how smitten bhai was with Taani Partner".

Taani's face at this point is resembling a tomato, Swayam feels uncomfortable hearing about his sister's love life whereas Rey feels a pang in his chest hearing how clearly Taani has moved on, not because of some parental pressure but because she likes someone, maybe even loves.

Aditya is looking at Taani adoringly, mesmerized by her blush, feeling his eyes on her she looks at him and he gently places a kiss on her forehead making Abhay and Sneha let out teasing awwhs which makes Taani hide her face in her chest not being able to handle the teasing.