Chapter 7!

Yuzu’s POV:

Seeing me going back and forth under stress, Mei offered to take me to the police department and be there with me.

"I'm coming with you," Mei said I nodded my head No.

"We're engaged and you're my fiance... As much as I hate you, I can't leave you alone right now because it's affecting both of our famli names. So I'm coming with you," she said strongly.

She's coming with me to make sure it doesn't impact our family norms. Whatever! She doesn't get me.

"Are you going to stand there until the police come and take you away?" I heard a voice outside the room. How long has she been out of this room. I need to focus.

"I am coming!" cried I, "I don't know what I have done to have this woman in my life." Always shouting at me," I murmured and arrived at the entrance where I had parked my car.

"You are welcome to go with me." "I've opened the door to my passenger seat.

“Eww…. I don't know how many girls were sitting here with you for..." she stopped and looked at me, "Get in my car," she ordered me.

“Gross…. Why do you think so?”, I locked my car and went into hers.

“Why shouldn’t I think so?”, she attacked me back with her words.

"I don't speak... I need peace...", I said and sat silent towards the drive and here we are in front of the police station.

“Hello, I am Yuzu Okogi and I was called here for an inquiry", I introduced myself.

I'm Agent James and you have a lawyer waiting for you. Let’s go now. We only have a few questions,' he said, shaking my hand.

"Lawyer... I never called my lawyer.. even my parents do not know about this”, I was wondering who was it, then realized it was Mei who called him as she was casually talking with him explaining everything to him.

“Miss. Okogi, such a pleasure to meet you. I'm Alex Turner," he shook hands with me.

"Thank you Alex for being here," I kindly replied not to make the situation awkward.

“Miss Aihara already told me what happened. May we go in?" he asked, and I nodded. Mei has stayed out.

“Miss. Okogi.. You know Melanie," I was asked by Officer James.

"Yes, I know her," I answered. Alex has asked me not to provide additional details unless it is necessary.

“How long have you known her?" he interrogated me in return.

“2 days.. I just met in the park while jogging", my hands started sweating now. I've never been involved in anything like that.

"Where were you last night?" sounds serious now.

"I was in a coffee shop last night at 6 p.m. I met Miss.Aihara and once she left, Melanie told me that she needed to meet me. I was there about an hour. Since she didn't show up, I left the cafe and went straight home," I said without breathing. Why should I get stressed when I've done nothing? My mind's getting tired. I just want to get out to breathe.

My attorney interrupted me"Officer James, here's a footprint from the coffee shop and Miss. Okogi’s apartment, which shows that Miss Okogi was there in Café from 6 to 7 o clock and within 10 minutes she reached home and she came out of her house the next day only”

I don't know how fast he was gathering this stuff. I gave him a slight smile which he returned.

“Thanks Alex. It's just an interrogation, Melanie's last text came from Miss. Okogi.", he turned to me and said, "You are free to leave now, but if anything, you would be called and you need to report immediately". I shook my head and ran outside for air. Someone was patting me gently on the back. I noticed it was me and relaxed.

“It’s alright Yuzu. Let's go", she had a sweet smile, not the usual temper or sarcastic smile that she gives me every time.

The ride back to her office was quiet, once I stepped out of her car, I hugged her tightly as if I do not want to let her go, “Thanks for coming with me”.