Chapter 19!

Apologies for the late post...Hope your enjoy it :)

Mei’s POV:

I went out with Yuzu two days ago. Yuzu comes to my office morning and afternoon to bring me breakfast and lunch to ensure that I eat on time. I just love the way she cares. But then I noticed she was so scared of something. I know something's bothering her, but I'm not going to ask her what it is until she wants to share with me.

As I thought, I heard my phone ring and it was the designer that designed our wedding dress.

"Hello", I said over the phone.

“Ms. Aihara, the dress is ready. You can come and collect it tomorrow,' she replied. I was so excited about that. I expect to see our wedding gowns.

“Thanks Ms. Izumi. I'll be there tomorrow morning. "I just hung up and called Yuzu to let her know.

“Hello Yuzu”, even telling her name makes me so happy.

«Hello my love, how are you doing? You miss me so much? I just saw you 15 minutes ago," she laughed. Sometimes she gets cocky, but I love her.

I rolled my eyes and said, “Don’t assume things flirty. I just called to tell you that our wedding dresses are ready and we have to collect them tomorrow."

I heard her scream, "Woweeee... I'm so thrilled. What time should I pick you?" It sounded like a kid who had been given a candy.

"You don't have to... I'll pick you up at 10 in the morning", the line was silent for a few minutes. What happened? She doesn’t want me to pick her up.

“Yuzu….”

“Ummm, Mei.. Yes, I will be ready at that moment", with that she hung up the phone.

What's the matter with Yuzu? Does she cheat on me with anyone? No.. Can't possibly be. She's so in love with me. Pushing all the negative thoughts, I went to my work again excited about tomorrow.

Yuzu’s POV:

I'm so glad that Mei said our wedding gowns are ready. I didn't expect to marry my crush with my parents' permission.  Everything seems fine, other than the messages I get. Someone follows me and Mei as they send all of Mei's pictures of what she does all day. I wasn't even sure who it was. I haven’t dumped anyone as my previous relationship were all like ‘friend with benefits with no strings attached’. I never got in a relationship. My only sweetheart is Mei.

I was unable to focus on work today. I therefore rescheduled all my assignments and cancelled my meetings.  I must speak with Harumin. Speaking of evil, here she comes.

“What the hell, Yuzu? are you already in a honeymoon mood… cancelling all your meeting… daydreaming about your girl”,  Yelling she just entered my room.

Aah... that girl's mouth. I groaned at her. After seeing my face, her face became soft with uneasiness, "What happened Yuzu chi... you look like a car crashed into you. Haru Mama is here”

I showed her the photos and explained her everything.

“Yuzu chi.. Well, that sounds serious. Perhaps we need to report it to the police," she told me looking at Mei's photos.

I thought it would be a good idea and I went to the police station with Harumin to lodge a complaint. After explaining everything to them, even if I did not feel completely relieved, I felt like a burden from my shoulder was raised.

I came home after a long day and went to bed right away to see my phone ring with a message, "Police can't help you"

Crap….

I can't remember when I slept, I heard somebody knocking on my door. Groaning, I opened the door to see Mei dressed in her casual garments. It was then that I remembered to go and get our wedding dress.

“Ahh.. sorry. I overslept. Give me 5 minutes, Mei. I'll go prepare myself. Get to the couch and feel at home", I ignored her deadly glare and raced to the bathroom to take a quick bath and prepare.

Like I said, I was out in five minutes and Mei saw something on TV. some news. Seeing me, she switched off and we were ready to go.

The drive was silent. Nobody talked and within 20 minutes we arrived at our destination.

“Yuzu.. were you not excited to get the dress”, she broke the silence between us.

“I am … what makes you think I am not”, I asked her.

“You are not yourself", she replied and got out of the car. I didn't tell her about yesterday and I didn't want her to be concerned. I sighed and went after her. The dress was magnificent. After getting our dresses, Mei dropped me off at home because I said I wasn't going into the office today. She gave me a quick blow to the lip leaving me in shock and gave me a goodbye. I really have a thing for this girl.

It's been three hours and I watch Greys anatomy and Station 19 which are my favorite series when I received a call from an unknown number.

"Yuzu, is Mei Mei with you?" I immediately identified the voice, but I panicked when I found out she was searching for Mei.

“No Himeko. She dropped me 3 hours ago and said she was going to the office," I replied not to think anything negative.

“She didn’t. We have a meeting now with one of our biggest client and Mei is not a person to ignore meetings and her phone is not reachable”, now I am totally panicked.

“I will be there in 10 minutes”, I grabbed my keys and ran to the car and while on the way to Mei’s office, I saw her car in the midway. I parked my car in front of hers and walked toward hers. The car doors are unlocked and I saw a syringe on the driver's seat. I don't want to assume things, but....

My phone buzzed and saw a message, “I got her”.