Chapter 12!

Mei’s POV:

It's 9 o'clock and I'm late for home. I just want to go home and get some time off. When I got in my car, my phone went off. That was an unidentified number. I ignored it first, but when I got that ring back, I picked it up.

"Hey, is this Mei?" requested the voice.

“Yes, it is. May I ask who it is?" I said. I was unsure of the person, but I was still wondering how she could call me by my first name.

“This is Harumin, Yuzu’s friend. Can you please do me a favour?" I could see anxiety in her voice, but still I don't want to shoot in every blow now.

“It depends, what it is?”, I asked her though my heart pounded if something happened to Yuzu. That annoying feeling.

“We are in a bar and Yuzu is wasted. I cannot take her home because my sister's in there. Is it possible that you could pick up," she argued. As her fiancee, I have no other options. After obtaining the details where they are, I arrived at the spot in 15 minutes.

I searched for them and noticed the blonde lying on the head of another girl who I presume to be Harumin. I've seen her with Yuzu at school all my life. I knew her sister well because she was the school president before me. That explains why she didn't want to bring Yuzu home while her sister's here.

After coming up to them, I introduced myself and tried to take Yuzu by the waist to my car. She isn’t walking steadily but I am glad atleast she walked to my car.

After making her sit in the passenger seat, I went to the driver seat and started driving. I tried to ask her the address but she's not in the state to give me and I figured it's no good to call her parents. So, without any choice, I took her home and I got her to lie down on my bed and I took her shoe off. The place where I live alone has only one bedroom because I thought that having many bedrooms will not help when I live alone. I have a different mansion, but I don't want my maids to see Yuzu like this.

I changed my dress rapidly in the bathroom and went to the kitchen to get some water for Yuzu. I went back to my room and told her to drink the water she needed.

I have to spend the night on the couch today. I thought so, but Yuzu took my hand before leaving the room and when I looked at her, she was vulnerable. Did she cry the whole time?

I had no idea what to say. She murmured, "Please don't leave me alone". My heart was suffering when I saw her that way. I went across the bed and I stretched out on the bed. I thought I might be able to stay here until she's asleep.

After one hour, I heard sweet snoring and when I saw Yuzu, she was asleep. So, I got down from the bed and switched off the light to go outside and that’s when I heard, “Mei, you shouldn’t have left me”, I froze a second and then I looked at her who is sleeping still. "You should not have left me at a time when I needed you most." We used to be best buddies. I've loved you since I first met you."

I couldn't believe her words. We were introduced at about age 8. We were neighbours and we followed, but we had no idea what had happened. We were into different path. I still remember the day we got in a fight. I don’t like the person who lie to me but one day she was ignoring me the whole day, when I asked her what it is, she simply shrugged saying she was not well. But, the next day, the new girl, came to us when we are seated for lunch, she hugged Yuzu and kissed her in the cheek stating, “I enjoyed the time with you yesterday”.  I wasn't sure, was he jealous or angry at her for lying to me. We quarreled and stopped talking.

Our parents didn't insist on asking us what happened because they thought we would be OK after a couple of days and that's all some drama, but we drifted apart.

I have no idea what went on in Yuzu's life. All I know is that she went missing for a couple of years and came back like another person. The Yuzu whom I know as younger was an introvert and a nerd. But, the person that came later in our first year was a person that was so chatty and yes, a flirt. I tried talking to her several times but whenever I see her with a girl, my pride and ego takes control along with jealousy and being student council president, I made her life as hell during school days giving her all punishments.

But I assumed she'd hate me. She was in love with me the day we met? What was that all about? Why she needed me and what pain did she go through?

I looked at the face of Yuzu and made sure she is sleeping soundly now and gave a sigh before my foot landed in the couch to take me into a deep sleep. I hope that one day my questions will be answered.