Chapter 17!

Mei’s POV:

I haven't slept much since Yuzu texted me. I was looking forward to hearing from her. I woke up early in the morning before the alarm and went for a run. Sometimes I do it to reset. Morning air gives me peace of mind. I came back home and took a bath and changed my dress.

When I was eating breakfast, Yuzu texted me.

"Shall I come to your place in five minutes? I do not want to meet outside.’

I hesitated for a couple of minutes and answered,

‘Sure’

Within five minutes, I heard the noise from the parked car. I opened that door and she walked in.

We sat on the couch and it was 15 minutes and nobody talked at all.

“Are we going to sit like this?”, I asked her. She nodded her head and cleared her throat.

"Mei...." I can see the crack in her voice.

“I'm not pushin' you, Yuzu. If you won't share with me, please leave", I was really rude.

"Do you like me, Mei?" Her question took me by surprise.

“How does this relate to the things you're going to say?" I hissed.

“It is…. Because I thought you didn't love me when we were at school." I see her control her tears.

I softened, “I did Yuzu. I always have"

She was excited right then. I can see her eyes sparkling.

The day you got mad at me, I cried and ran to the lake where we normally go. I cried there for one hour.After a few minutes, I thought I needed to talk to you and get this settled. Upon returning....." she stopped... tears flowed from her eyes. I went to sit beside her and put my hands on her shoulder to make her feel better. She put her head on my shoulder and proceeded,

'I was caught by a few boys who were high. They were so powerful, so I couldn't get away. They injected me with drugs and raped me," and I was angry that somebody did that to her. I should have been there.

"I was passed out, lying by the lake." Someone saw me and called 911 and got me into the hospital. They called my parents and explained the whole thing. When I woke up, I felt like such a mess. I assumed you'd hate me. The only thing I kept asking Dad was to take me away from the place", she started crying.

“Why would I dislike you, Yuzu. I'm your best friend and our bond was deep. You shouldn't have gone through this by yourself," I wiped her tears.

"I became strong after going to therapy and when I gained my confidence, I returned for you", she now saw my eyes.

“So why haven't you come to me," I asked her. She should have said something to me.

"Because I was told you hate me", I was shocked to hear that.

“Who told you this?" I wanted to tear up whoever said this.

"That's alright, Mei." I thought you were still angry with me. My heart was broken and I never wanted to love anybody. So, I started sleeping with girls with a condition that I wouldn't have any relationship with them. I promise you, I never slept with a girl without their consent and the day when you saw me with your friend, I saw the pain and hurt in your eyes. I don’t know if it is because you were angry on me for sleeping with your friend or you were pitying your friend for sleeping with me”,  I understood now why she was avoiding me, but she didn’t tell me who told her that I hated her.

“It was you all the time, Yuzu. I've been expecting you. When you returned, I thought we were going to be friends again," and then I laughed, "We've become the worst enemies."

She laughed, "Yeah, it was interesting to get on your nerves. I enjoyed... the emotion you show," I gave her a death's glance..

She stopped. I love the way I affect her. “But you still flirt with girls Yuzu.”, I hit her on arm.

“Ouch.. what was that for? Yes... I complement them. But I didn't sleep with anyone after it happened. I do not want to see you hurt again”, Our eyes locked and she said, “I loved you Mei.. always and always will".

I have no idea what happened to me. The years I waited for her and the thoughts I want to be in her arms, I closed the gap between us and kissed her. The next few minutes, she caved in and began to kiss me. 

After 5 minutes, we leaned over and took a breath. "That was amazing", she gave her signature smile.

I smiled and said, "I want to go slow, Yuzu. I do not wish to be broken again". She shook her head and embraced me.

I wish we could be like this for ever.