Vin (3)

After arriving at Scott's apartment, Chaim quickly forgot about cooking and was distracted by looking (snooping) around the place.

"You like it?" Scott asked, he was staring at how Vin would curiously touch his furniture. He even saw him hesitantly sitting on his couch and looked surprised when he sank into it.

"Is this a cloud?" Vin continued to poke his fingers into the couch.

"Haha. No, it's not, do you still want to cook or should I just order take out?" Scott asked, he hoped that Vin was too immersed in his couch to cook. He really doesn't want the boy to cook right after he got out of the hospital. He doesn't even know if that place they went to, took a year out of their lives at how horrid it was.

"Oh! Food, right." Vin quickly got out of the couch and approached the plastic bags that contained the ingredients.

He washed them first and proceeded to cut them.

"I'll cut the vegetables. You can just focus on the cooking." Scott offered.

"No. This is part of my uh...payment, for my debt. So just sit there, relax, and do whatever you rich people do." Vin said while doing a shooing motion at Scott. Scott decided to obey him, albeit reluctantly.

In the kitchen, Chaim was looking through Vin's memories of how to cook edible food. He was excited to cook, he really has high hopes for this. He hopes this time, he won't send anyone to the hospital because of his 'food'.

He still remembered that one time when he baked a cake for his company's anniversary, everyone who ate the cake didn't go to work for a week. He gave them paid leave and had to hire temporary workers to replace them for the whole week.

Throwing the memory at the back of his mind, he concentrated on cooking. He made sure to exactly follow every step Vin made while cooking this dish.

In the end, when he was preparing to taste the dish, he was ready for his stomach to have a dance battle with his intestines, but it didn't happen. The dish he made actually tasted, dare he say, good.

If Axy was here, he'd be proud of me, I think. Maybe he won't even dare to taste this, after all, he was the first victim of my cooking.

He looked through Scott's cabinets and looked for plates and utensils, after that, he prepared the table, he even folded the napkins into swans. Vin was also helping when he heard the loud rattling in his kitchen. Anyway, napkin folding is a skill he learned through the memories, Vin had to do it for his job as a waiter.

Speaking of jobs, he looked at the clock and almost ran out of the apartment if Scott didn't stop him.

"Whoa there. What happened?" Scott asked. He was concerned, one second Vin was calmly folding napkins, and the next, he was panicking.

"I'm late for work!" Vin screamed, clearly panicking. He was trying to get out of Scott's grasp but he was too weak to do so. Plus, Chaim didn't really want to work, so he didn't really try.

"Oh...can you take a leave, even just for today?" Scott asked, he was concerned and at the same time, he wanted to spend more time with Vin.

"I can't, they're gonna deduct my pay if I miss a day. Plus, I already missed two of my jobs today, I can't miss my third one." Vin sounded really stressed. Of course, he's stressed, compared to a rich guy like Scott, the amount he gets from his three jobs combined isn't even a quarter of Scott's daily expenses.

"I understand that, but you just got out of the hospital. What if something happens to you again?" Scott tried to convince Vin.

"What if you faint again, get injured, or-" While thinking of horrible things that Vin may experience during work, Scott had an idea.

"Ok, you go to work first. But you have to come back after your shift, you said you'll be a housekeeper for me, you better keep your word."

Chaim was baffled at how fast the man changed his attitude.

What kind of a sugar d-guardian is he? What happened to the man I was conversing with earlier?

"Alright. Don't forget to eat the meal. Please enjoy it. And don't worry, I'll definitely keep my word." Chaim left the building while mumbling inside how 'useless' Scott was and how he doesn't even know five types of alcohol to be a bartender.

Of course, he could just look into Vin's memory on how to mix drinks like he did while cooking, but he was very inclined to not work.

He arrived at a simple nightclub where Vin works. He immediately went to the locker room and was met with a very pissed manager.

"Vin! You're forty-five minutes late! Do you have something to say for yourself?"

Has he been waiting for Vin all this time? Well, that's not creepy at all.

Chaim went and spouted edited truths through his lips as if that's exactly what happened.

If you mix your lies with a little bit of the truth, then it'll be more believable. And that is what Chaim exactly did. Because his annoyance with Scott is still there, he made him the center of his magnificent excuse for being late.

He said how he met some rich man but didn't say that the man helped him, he also said that he was 'coerced' into staying with the man and that he was very lucky to 'escape' the man's grasp.

All-in-all, Scott sounded like a very arrogant young master of a rich family in the ears of the manager and Vin was the victim of this young master's coercion. He let Vin go for being late and reminded him to steer off trouble in the future.

The night continued with Chaim finally looking into Vin's memories on how to mix drinks, the body was also familiar with the way of mixing drinks so Chaim had minimal problems with that.

It was a slow night for the club, it wasn't as lively as the one Chaim passed while he was walking earlier. There were only a few customers, but what annoyed Chaim the most is the group of very loud men at the table near the bar. They were laughing and talking so loud. Some customers were even scared off by them. They had large builds and looked like the typical gangsters you encounter in alleyways that may or may not rob and/or defile you.

Chaim persisted and tried to ignore the irritation he was feeling.

You can do this, Chaim. Just be like Vin. Innocent and naïve, innocent and naïve, innocent and naïve. You can do this!

Chaim was adjusting his state of mind when a very drunk man entered the club. He immediately approached the bar and asked for the strongest drink they had, which was the first sign of a broken-hearted man.

Chaim was about to refuse the man when a noticeable sound echoed in his head and the system panel appeared.

[Second Task Unlocked]

[View] [Exit]

«-Φ-»

Vin (3)

Thanks For Reading!

[Tasks:]

[Beat fate and live past his expected death date: 0%]

[Locked]

[Locked]

-°°§°°-

Status

Name: Chaim (Soul F-3765)

System Name: N/A (System 2B18C)

Spirit Class: Class F

Spirit Strength: 6%

Experience: 0%

Finished Worlds: 0

Energy Points: 100

-°°§°°-