Vaughn (6)

"Stop attacking and hear me out!"

For the past hour, Nigel and Ignacius have been chasing Lucian around while attacking. Lucian keeps dodging and trying to get to the two men.

"Do you really want to hurt this boy's body?" That made the two men stop.

Lucian sighed because of relief and rested. The other two just glared at him.

"What did you do to Vaughn?" Nigel said, his voice filled with anger.

"Dude, chill. I didn't harm the boy. He fainted because of all the energy he used to free me, so I took over his body to let him rest." Lucian explained.

"Why did you possess him in the first place, demon?" Igancius said with a snarl.

"Who said anything about a demon? I'm not a demon. Just because I went in his body doesn't mean I'm a demon or something similar. Also, we struck a deal. If he frees me, I help him finish his goals. Isn't that why you're here in the first place?"

"How do you know that? Have you been spying on us since we got here?" Nigel walked slowly to Lucian.

"I can't tell you that. Wait, he's waking up. See you soon, fellas. Don't miss me too much." After saying that, Vaughn's body collapsed.

Nigel caught him before he hit the ground, and after a few seconds, Vaughn's eyes opened.

"Vaughn...?" Ignacius asked cautiously.

"Yeah...? What happened?" He said as he looked around.

"You don't remember anything?"

"I remember touching the painting, and everything went black. What happened after that?"

After telling Vaughn everything, they stood there in silence.

"So he's inside me right now?"

"Yes. I am."

"Who said that?" Vaughn asked as he frantically looked around.

"What do you mean, Vaughn? We didn't hear anything." Ignacius said.

"Only you can hear me right now. I'm talking directly to your mind. I'm Lucian."

"Lucian's talking to me, but only I can hear him. He doesn't seem harmful so far, and I think he can really help us. Why don't we let him stay for a bit?"

"I don't really think we have a choice since he is literally inside you, but sure." Ignacius said with a sigh.

"Come on. We have to find some place to sleep. it's getting dark. We'll leave first thing in the morning."

The next day, they continued their travels once the sun rose.

"Hey Lucian, how can you help me find my siblings? There's so many places in this world where they could be."

"The people in this world are born with energy, and that energy differs from person to person. But, people that are blood-related have similar energies no matter how small their relation is. Using that energy, I can find your siblings once they are in close proximity since I can sense if they are similar to yours or not."

"So you can only sense them if they are close? You can't exactly tell me the direction where they are?"

"Apologies, but since I am not in my original body, I cannot use my abilities fully."

"Can we find your body?"

"What?!" Ignacius shouted once he heard Vaughn ask that.

"No! Our first priority is healing you, Vaughn. We can't afford to take a detour." Ignacius reasoned.

"But..."

"Nigel, help me out on this one." Ignacius looked at Nigel who just sighed.

"While I do agree with Igancius, I will still follow Vaughn. No matter what his decision is, I will follow."

"Nigel..."

"Come on! You can't seriously say that! What if he gets another attack, huh? What are we gonna do? Watch him die?"

For the small amount of time that Ignacius spent with them, he was already attached to Vaughn, and he didn't want anything bad happening to him.

"Ignacius, you are overreacting, I have made it this far without dying, what's a few more days."

"If I may add, since I am inside your body, I can block any attacks with my own energy and contain it. I will not let any harm befall you."

"Also, Lucian just told me that he can block my energy from attacking my body. Although  I don't know how he knew that I have Aetherian Backlash."

"Just like I said, people are born with their own energy, and you can find a lot about them if you learn how to sense and read their energy."

"I can't believe you're trusting him. For all we know, he could steal your body once you become weak enough because of your illness. But whatever, I can't reason with someone who already made up their mind."

Ignacius walked away. He doesn't know why he feels this strong for someone he just met. In fact, he's already doing them a favor by just taking them to his mother.

"Ignacius..."

Nigel stopped Vaughn who was about to chase after him.

"Let him cool off for a bit. He'll come back once he lets out his frustration. In the meantime, we can rest here, we've been walking for a couple of hours, I'm sure you're tired."

"So tell me, Lucian. How did you even get trapped in that painting in the first place? Also, please tell me where we can find your body, and I hope it isn't decomposing anywhere."

"Don't worry, I'm glad to let you know that my body is safe and sound, and it might be nearer than you think."

"Well? Where is it then?"

«-Φ-»

Vaughn (6)

I'm sorry for taking so long to update. It's school again, especially now that we only have one month until graduation, but I hope you're all doing well.

Thanks for all the support, and see you on my next update.

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight.

Thanks for reading!

[Tasks:]

[Find all of Vaughn's older siblings: 0/4]

[Cure Vaughn's Aetherian Backlash: 0%]

[Locked]

-°°§°°-

Status

Name: Chaim (Soul F-3765)

System Name: Syrio (System 2B18C)

Spirit Class: Class E+

Spirit Strength: 23%

Experience: 13%

Finished Worlds: 3

Energy Points: 435

-

°°§°°-