Vin (5)

Oh right...he forgot that he's trying to stimulate a heart attack three times. With that in mind, Chaim starts to run with all his might. Although the apartment building is only a street away, for someone with a weak body like his, he hopes that this stimulation is an enough starting point to weaken his heart for his first attempt of getting a heart attack...which he hasn't planned yet.

'I feel the burn! Is this a heart attack? I do feel breathless...nope, that's just my stamina running out.'

Once he reached outside the apartment building, his lungs were begging for air. He was so focused on getting air into his lungs to notice a certain man running toward him with worry.

"Vin! Oh god. Why were you running? You know I wouldn't be angry if you came late." Scott tried joking but he couldn't hide the worry that he was feeling. The young man looked like he was about to faint from how hard he was trying just to get air in his lungs.

'That's a really nice excuse. Thanks, Scott. Let me just use that.'

"I'm sorry, Mr. Scott. I didn't want to be late and make you angry." Chaim said while panting between every word.

Scott couldn't believe that his little joke was really true, but he didn't focus on that. He assisted Vin to his apartment and continued on with their night.

"I don't really know why I'm still your secretary. Oh wait, I think I know. You pay really well so I guess I'll stay for a few more years." Joaquin mumbled as he dragged his boss out of his car and into the man's room.

"If you're planning to get wasted, why didn't you just drink here in the comfort of your own home. In that case, my sleep wouldn't have been bothered." He continued his rambling as he made little to no effort to fix Aldrich's uncomfortable-looking position on top of his bed. This didn't bother Aldrich at all as he was still sleeping peacefully.

"If I don't get overtime pay for this, I will sue." Joaquin left the man on his own and went back to his apartment to get back to sleep.

As morning came, Aldrich woke up with a massive headache and the sun glaring straight into his face wasn't helping in the slightest.

"Ugh, I'm never drinking that much ever again. How did I even return here?"

Aldrich quickly took a shower and drank some medicine to help relieve the pain he was feeling.

He dialed his secretary and while waiting for Joaquin to pick up, he made himself some coffee and buttered toast.

Halfway into his coffee, Joaquin finally picked up.

"Boss, it's still early. Can't you have mercy? I woke up last night just to pick you up from the bar, and I expect overtime pay for that." Joaquin said, his voice still sounding very deep and drowsy.

"I was just going to ask what happened last night and how I reached home, but since you already said it, I guess you can go back to sleep. But I expect you later at eight at work."

"Yeah, yeah. I don't really know what happened last night. You should talk to the bartender of the last club you went to. He was the one to call me, he also accompanied you while I was on the way. He seems to know a lot of things from how he was rambling on and on about stuff I was too sleepy to care about."

"Alright. I vaguely remember that club. Thanks." He ended the call and continued to eat his breakfast. After that, he called one of his bodyguards to retrieve his car from the first bar he went to last night. He remembers leaving it before he went to get wasted. Although the rest of the night was a blur, he could still remember a few things.