Vin (18)

"He's stable as of now. But we need to keep an eye on him. His condition became worse in just a few days. I'm sorry but we have to prepare for the worst."

The doctor left. The three men didn't budge and just stared at the man lying on the bed.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. If I just followed my Dad and stayed away from Vin, this wouldn't have happened." Jeremiah said.

Scott approached him and patted him on the back.

"It's not your fault. Plus, Vin would have been so sad if you stayed away from him without saying why. Your father is the one at fault, blame him, not yourself."

Aldrich went towards Vin's side and took his hand in his.

"Stay strong, Vin. Don't leave us yet."

Aldrich felt Vin's hand moving.

"He's waking up." The other two immediately went to Vin's side upon hearing Aldrich's words.

Vin groaned and slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a few times before focusing on the three people staring down at him. He also heard a familiar sound inside his head.

He smiled weakly before saying, "Hey, guys."

"Vin!" Jeremiah shouted, followed by a hug. Scott followed be giving Vin a quick kiss on the forehead.

Aldrich pulled the two away, and helped Vin sit up, he then gave him a cup of water hearing how hoarse his voice was.

"Th-thanks."

When Aldrich let go of the cup, it fell down, splashing water everywhere. Scott could see Vin's hand shaking.

He held his hand and squeezed it, signalling that it is okay.

"I'm sorry." Vin said with his head down. Aldrich laughed it off and rubbed his head.

"It's alright, Vin. It's my fault for being inconsiderate of your condition."

Scott lifted Vin off of the bed. Jeremiah then went to ask the nurses' station if they have spare sheets and another gown for Vin.

Scott helped Vin change while the other two changed the sheets.

'I kind of feel sorry that I have to leave them. But what can I do? This is just borrowed time.'

{What will happen to the body once I leave?}

[The body will die. Vin's soul already chose to go through reincarnation after you completed all of the tasks. A body without a soul is just an empty shell, so, after you leave, nothing can support the body to keep living.]

{Are there cases where the original soul can come back to their body once I finish my tasks?}

[It depends. If the soul chooses to stay then they can come back after you finish, but most of the time, they choose to reincarnate in the hopes of a better life. Fate does not let them down the second time around so they get a good life if they choose to reincarnate.]

{Oh, okay. When will I leave?}

[You will be given two hours in every world after completing your last task. After the given time, you will be immediately transported out of the body.]

{I should probably bid goodbye to these people huh.}

[It's your choice.]

Although he said that, Chaim did not want to bid goodbye. He just wants to leave these dudes a good memory of Vin.

"Can we go out? This room feels stuffy."

"I'll go ask your doctor." Scott said.

When Scott came back, he has a wheelchair with him.