Vin (6)

{I don't think I want to have two more heart attacks.}

[It's either that or live here for three years.]

{I don't want that either!}

[You only have two choices. So choose.]

'How can I continue having heart attacks when the hospital feeds me this?!'

Chaim glared at the food the nurse gave him with hate. He used the fork to move a piece of green bean and tried to eat it, but just the look of it was enough for him to gag.

[It's not the hospital whose at fault. You just don't like vegetables.]

{Who does?! They taste horrid! If they're nutritious, why can't they make it more delicious!}

"Vin, stop glaring at the veggies and eat them."

"I'd rather not."

Scott sighed and approached Vin. He sat beside him and grabbed the fork from his hand.

"If you don't want to eat these, then you should stop being reckless."

"When did–" Chaim stopped because of a pointed look from Scott.

"If you were going to ask when did you become reckless then stop. If you really want answers then I'll give them to you. One, you have three jobs. Two, you barely rest. And I won't even mention the fact that you ran from your job to the apartment–oh wait, I already did."

Chaim pouted and looked at Scott with teary eyes.

"Please~ Mr. Scott, I really can't eat them. I'll do anything you want. Just don't make me eat vegetables." He begged.

"Don't pout and don't look at me like that. You will eat the vegetables and you won't complain. Understand?" Scott scolded Chaim.

'If only Axy is here. He won't make me eat veggies! Forcing someone to eat vegetables should be illegal!'

"Vin, understand?"

"Yes, Mr. Scott. I understand." Chaim sighed and resigned to his fate.

"Good. Now say ahh~" Scott scooped some vegetables and directed them to Vin's mouth.

"Ahh~"

"Chew."

Chaim tried to chew. If he was eating 'normal' food, he would only chew it three to five times before swallowing, but with vegetables, he took thirty seconds just to swallow that half a mouth full.

'Oh God, save me from this hell. I just felt my throat close up from that...that...that abomination!'

Chaim gagged and felt the food coming back up but he swallowed it back down. He immediately grabbed the cup of water and drank it all.

"See. It's not that bad."

"I think I just died."

Scott ignored him and continued to feed Vin. At the end of the meal, it took Vin twenty minutes to finish the small serving of food and he drank three water bottles to accompany it.

Chaim shuddered thinking about doing him again.

"When can I leave? I don't think I want to stay for dinner. Plus, the hospital bill just gets higher the longer I stay. I don't think I have enough money to cover all my expenses if I stayed here longer."

Scott reprimanded the man in his heart for thinking about the bill instead of focusing on getting better, but he couldn't say it to him, face to face since he might affect Vin's mood negatively and hinder his recuperation.