Vin (17)

{I can't take this anymore. I'm bored. I've been in this world for far too long, I want out.}

[Then finish your tasks quickly. Who told you to spend this much time on this world?]

{I'm finishing this now.}

After yesterday's incident, Chaim found out that Jeremiah is staying with Aldrich, so he pestered Scott so that he could go hang out with Jeremiah.

"Rem, let's go to the park."

They are inside the guest room at Aldrich's apartment. Jeremiah is at his desk, doing his school work while Vin is laying down on the bed.

"Are you sure? Don't you need to rest more?"

"I've been resting all day. I'm gonna get a stroke if you don't let me move around."

"That's a bit dramatic, but sure, let's go."

Jeremiah texted Aldrich that they were going to the park. He wouldn't want to have two headless chickens looking for them.

They went to their usual spot, and just sat there in silence.

"Vin, can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, of course."

"Sure, as long as it's not about academics then I will answer you to the best of my abilities." Vin said, and giggled after.

Jeremiah smiled at that before stating his question.

"When we first met...you were about to take your life. Do you...still have the urge to do it?"

Vin's smile faded, but when he looked at Jeremiah he showed him a small smile.

"I don't think I do. That time, I just didn't want my own heart to be the cause of my death, so I thought of doing it before my own body does. Now, I have you guys. You made me feel important. I realized that I want to spend my short life with the people I cared about."

Jeremiah smiled. He felt the same way.

"You know, before I met you, I also thought of ending all of this. I didn't see my purpose, or my reasons to stay. But after being with you and the others for a short while, I realized that maybe those were the challenges I have to face to meet the people I needed."

And with that, Chaim heard a familiar noise in his head.

'Finally. Took him long enough.'

Only one task left, and he's done.

"So we became each other's reason to leave. Don't go dying if I die first." Vin joked.

"I guess I won't. Someone has to clean your tomb every year." Jeremiah said.

Vin laughed.

"Yeah, I'm gonna haunt you if I see moss on my tomb."

They both laughed at that.

"Do you want to get ice cream?"

"Of course! Nobody says no to ice cream."

"Wait here. I'll grab some. Same flavor?"

"Yup!"

After Jeremiah left, Chaim stared at the lake.

{They're still there?}

[Yeah. I'm pretty sure you're about to get kidnapped.]

{Great. A perfect time to get my last heart attack and complete the last task. I can't wait to leave.}

[Goodluck.]

Chaim felt someone covering his mouth and nose with a handkerchief soaked with something to make him faint.