Theron (6)

"Well, well, well... Look who's here."

{That's such a villainous line.}

[How did you even get into this situation?]

Currently, Theron and Arzhel are being held hostage by Arzhel's family. Yup, his whole nuclear family consists of both his parents and his sister.

"Oh, Theron. If only you chose me instead of that thing." Arzhel's sister said with disgust as she looked at her brother.

"Settle down, honey. You'll get Theron all to yourself when we're done here." Arzhel's birth giver said.

"In your dreams. You won't get a single cent nor touch a single hair on our bodies." Theron said as he glared at them.

He was protecting Arzhel behind him.  They are currently in an abandoned warehouse somewhere on the outskirts of the city.

{This is a very cliché location. Why couldn't they have taken us somewhere more fancy? Like a hotel or something.}

[Do you think they would kidnap you if they had money for a hotel?]

{You have a point there.}

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Theron. We're basically family." Arzhel's dad, who was holding a gun, said after he just pointed that same gun at them five minutes earlier.

"Family? Really? Who wants family members like you? Also, that 'family member' right there just told me earlier that she likes me, and I'm not into incest. I also don't like it when family threatens me."

"What are you gonna do? Run? Ha! You can't even stand up." Arzhel's mother said mockingly.

"Enough! What do you even want from us?! Let us go, already." Arzhel said.

"Oh dear Arzhel, you know what we want. Haven't we made it obvious enough? It appears that you have so much luck to still be alive at this point. So now, we're here to finish the job properly." His father said while pointing the gun back at them again.

"Finish the job properly? What kind of monsters are you?" Theron's voice was laced with a mixture of anger and disbelief. His determination to protect Arzhel was unwavering, even in the face of such danger.

Arzhel's sister, her resentment still burning, chimed in, "You wouldn't understand, Theron. You've taken everything from us, and now we need to set things right."

"Set things right?" Arzhel's voice trembled as he spoke. "This isn't how you set things right. This is madness. And what did we even take from you? All we ever did was to give you everything yoi could've needed."

{This is getting kind if boring.}

[Then deal with it faster. You haven't even unlocked the last task.]

Their captors remained unrelenting, and Theron's father aimed the gun at them once more, his finger tightening on the trigger.

"Listen to me, Arzhel," Theron whispered, his voice filled with urgency. "When the moment comes, run as fast as you can. Find help. I'll do everything in my power to create a distraction. Just promise me you'll stay safe."

Arzhel nodded, his heart pounding. "I promise, Theron. We'll get through this together."

After whispering to each other, Theron distracted the three of them by simply insulting them. They were easily distracted by his colorful choice of words.

This helped Arzhel slowly inch towards the gaping hole in the wall. It was an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere, its not gonna be in perfect condition.