WAKAS

CASPIAN ALLEJO

They said that if you marry the woman you love, you'd be the most happiest man alive.

Yes, it was true. With the woman I love and our daughter, I couldn't ask for more. They were my life. My everything. They were the reason why I keep fighting. They were my pillars of strength.

But I never tought our marriage life would come to an end.

" Are you fucking out of your mind, Trisha? " I hissed when he tried to kiss me one more time.

" What? " she asked innocently. " Don't you want to be with me again? Come on, hiwalayan mo na ang asawa mo at magsama ulit tayo." She winked.

I looked at her with disbelief. This was the reason I broke up with her years ago. She was so obsessed. Too controlling.

" Stop bothering me. " I said with finality. I won't ever have a second tought. I could never leave my wife .

Akma na sana akong aalis nang magsalita siya na siyang ikinatigil ko. And it was the first time I felt scared.

" You know how powerful my family is. I won't hesitate to kill your child if you won't leave that bitch alone. " She smirked.

Galit akong tumingin sa kaniya. I harshly grabbed her arm. " Don't ever try to do anything to my family. "

Nasasaktan man siya sa pagkakahawak ko sa kaniya ay nagawa niya pa ring ngumisi. " Choose. Divorce her or lose your daugther. "

" Are you tired? " my wife asked when I came home after what happened. My mind was a mess.

I was angry at myself for getting scared at her mere threat. I am a man yet I already felt scared with what she said. But fuck my ego! Pamilya ko ang pinag-uusapan dito. And I am well aware that Trisha isn't joking by what she said.

Years ago, she threatened me that she'll kill herself if I'll break up with her. Mabuti na lang at nakahanap ako ng paraan para matakasan siya.

And here she is again, messing with my life.

I kissed her instead of answering . Gusto kong sabihin sa kaniya. Gusto kong magsumbong sa mga nakatataas ngunit binalaan na ako ni Trisha. Fuck! If only I could be more powerful than them. I feel so fucking powerless.

" Love..." mas humigpit ang yakap niya sa akin .

" Hmm? " I asked with my weak voice.

" Ipangako mong huwag mo kaming iiwan ng anak mo kapag may problema ha? " banayad ang kaniyang boses na siyang nakakapagpakalma sa akin.

Hinaplos ko ang mahaba niyang buhok. Kailanman ay hindi pumasok sa isipan ko na iwan siya.

I bit my lower lip as I wiped the tears away. Mabuti na lang ay hindi niya makita.

" Oo naman.." it was almost a whisper.

She smiled as she fell asleep. Samantalang ako, hindi makatulog nang gabing iyon. Dahil alam kong sa oras na gumising ako ay tuluyan nang mawawala ang mga pangako ko sa kaniya.

When she fell asleep, I had to cover my mouth so she won't hear my sobs.

" Love.." she called me again for the second time . Kita ko ang sakit sa kaniyang mata nang hindi ko siya sinagot.

Nagmamadali kong ibinutones ang polo ko . Hindi ko siya binigyang pansin at pinagpatuloy ang ginagawa.

Akmang lalapit na siya sa akin ngunit nilampasan ko siya at umalis. Mabilis kong pinunasan ang aking luha nang makasakay ako sa sasakyan.