The Intruder

It's been about a week and my mind was still lingering on my self-discovery from before. I kept trying to think of ways on when and how I should tell them that I'm... a witch. Maybe today's the day I tell them but how will they take it? No, I can't dwell on that, I have to tell them, I'll just deal with what happens after.

King: Humans Luz and Madelene!

I was suddenly snapped from my thoughts by King who was standing on a chest with a board covered with a cloth behind him.

King: You've been so obsessed with witchcraft, that you haven't learned anything about my kind.

Madelene: Technically Luz is the one that's been obsessed with witchcraft.

I gestured to Luz-who was recording with her phone- with my thumb. King grabbed the cloth ready to reveal the board.

King: Prepare yourselves for-

King pulled off the cloth revealing a myriad of demons plastered on it while putting on a scholar's hat.

King: Demons 101! Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone.

Luz: And cute little paws.

King sighs agreeing with Luz then pulls out a pen with a pink diamond on top, using it to gesture to the images.

King: We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive-aggressive comments, sometimes.

Luz: Aww, you guys are sensitive.

King: Even demons have inner demons.

Madelene: I guess anywhere you go, there are still people that make fun of others.

King tears off a photo of two witches making fun of a demon revealing an illustration of a gangly demon with a spiked shell on its back.

King: Behold, the Snaggleback! The most powerful demon of all time, he is a-

Luz: Bad boy.

Luz cuts off King as she takes a picture of the snaggleback and puts on filters and stickers on the photo

King: Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life someday.

Madelene: I'm with King on this one Luz. We've already been here for a week, and we hardly know how to deal with stuff here.

King: See, Madelene gets it.

Luz: No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face.

She places one hand under her chin and one in front of her at an angle as she nodded with hums.

*BOOM*

Thunder suddenly struck making me yelp.

Madelene: Was that thunder?

King: Uh oh. Looks like it's gonna rain.