Two Sides of the Same Coin

As promised here's a double chapter upload, buckle up folks, this gonna be a bit of an angst train in the beginning. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter~ :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mommy and Daddy said they were going to introduce me to some of their friends. I didn't want to come, 'cause I wanted to look after baby 'ittens today. But Mommy and Daddy are very scary, so I went with them. We stopped by a place with lots of books inside.

Mommy told me to wait outside while they go get something. I'm confused, but I don't want to make them more angry. They always been angry at me all the time now. I sat there, getting bored, wanting to go home. I wanna see baby mittens, hold her close, let her drink her milk. I furrowed angrily, until something caught my eyes.

Madelene: .... Huh?

I saw a pretty bug flying around, its color very pretty.

Madelene: Pwetty bug fhay! Fl- Fly! Toungeeeee!!!!

I cried out, wanting to see it. Maybe it is a rare pixie! Fresh meat!

~I want it.

~I should take it.

I look at my parents inside, and back to the thing. Grown-up business can be long, so I chase the bug around, hoping to catch it quickly.

The bug landed on a table with weird stuff on it, teasing me. Behind the table there was a lady with orange hair. I tried to reach for the bug, but it flew again going inside the tent behind the lady.

~I should catch it.

~I really, really, need it.

I sneaked behind to follow, wanting, needing to get that bug. Inside I saw a glowing door, I chased the bug through it.

Madelene: Bug fhay! Bug fhay! Whoosh!

Almost stumbling and cracking my head at the doorframe, I chased the bug until it landed on a pretty flower. A flower so pretty, just like my baby sister's eyes!

Madelene: Flowahr! Fwo- fo - daisy! For baby 'ittens!

I exclaimed, picking the flower to give to baby 'ittens, I look up and saw strange plants but no matter, I need to give this to mittens!

I tried to go back to the door....

Madelene: Huh?

... but there's no door?

Madelene: Where am I?

I keep looking around and everything's strange.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy!

I called as the wind blew through the trees. I tried, but I'm scared, calling for them again.

???: Madelene.