Covention

Alright, first off... Thank you all so much for 1.4k reads!!! This is actually insane, I never really thought my stories would get this far soooo as a treat for you guys, I'll try to make a lil' something something, it'll take a while but I will get it done. Again thank you so much everyone! Alright on with the chapter, ONWARD!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a couple of days since Eda became the owl beast and I had my one-on-one talk with her. I really like Eda. She may seem like a reckless adult, but she really cares about us even if she doesn't show it.

What am I doing again in that timeframe?

...Oh yeah.

I've also been practicing casting the light spell, and it kinda became second nature. Not with burns and bruises, of course. I can still taste the dirt on my teeth for the last few days until I get the gist of it. Just like Eda said, it all depends on the spell circle and it depends on what my intention on the spell is.

I've done different things with it. I still haven't shown these to the others but I will soon because right now we're working at Eda's stand. Well... me and Eda. Luz is reading King the Good Witch Azura book. But there's something weird, and that's that no one is around, even other stalls.

I crossed my arms, leaning my weight on my left foot.

Madelene: Huh, there's no customers... ~and stalls. Edaaaa.... why are we even here?

Luz stops reading to pop a question.

Luz: Madelene's right, Eda. Where is everyone? What's going on?

Eda stops dusting her merchandise and grows serious.

Eda: This is a bad omen, there must be something horrible happening today.

Madelene: Horrible? What's so horrible that everyone's afraid to go outside?

Just as I said that, we suddenly hear Willow call out to us, followed by Gus.

Willow: Luz! Madelene!

Gus: Something amazing is happening today.

Raising my brow, I jut my jaw towards Luz, letting her know that she needs to greet them properly. Luz smiled sheepishly, closing the book. We turn in their direction as they reach the stand.

Luz: Gus, Willow! Hey!

Madelene: Hey you two, what's up?

Willow raises up a poster of a young witch looking into a cauldron, the poster read "Covention, which coven are you in? Mystery Guest!" they really missed the opportunity to put in "Witch coven are you in?".

Willow: It's the annual Covention. Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they get placed in one.

Humming in thought, I quite remember a few conventions in the human realm.

Madelene: Are there any benefits?

Luz: A job fair for witches!? Maddy! Eda! Can we go?

Luz leaned on my shoulder expectantly for Eda to say yes, but she said otherwise, making Luz whine as she slid down to the ground. I giggled, then crouched down and pat her head.

Madelene: There there, Luz.

Eda: I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system.

Halting my petting, I furrowed my brow as I thought of her reasoning. Kinda right in her own way, I wouldn't like to be that dependable on systems anyway.