Cost of Interest

White roses symbolize loyalty, purity, and innocence. And daffodils are seen as a representation of rebirth and new beginnings. They are also thought to represent inspiration, forgiveness, and creativity. Enjoy the chapter~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madelene: This.... Dream world again.

Same memories.

Same nightmares.

Same pain.

The silhouettes looks down on me, their approving posture of shaking heads rattled my mind just like any other. They mumbled to themselves, whispers turning to shouts. And that shouting match with each other turns into shouting at me.

I can't hear the words they were speaking, but I know it would cut deep. But... but with all their berating and accusations... All those menacing hands grasping on my lonely shadow.... Did I realize the burning satisfaction within me.

Who wouldn't? The anger I felt the day after the disastrous escape, the one which eats my soul in its entirety, the one banished by a simple kindness from an unlikely source, roars its head and clamp its jaw in my ears.

Commanding me to stop listening to BS, to not stoop so low to crave a wish so woefully denied.

And so, I did. I let it consume me. Let it use my brain. Anger made me bare my teeth, stepping into the void, taking satisfaction as the shadows were silent, backing away as I advanced forward.

For their words will not work anymore. Their taunts would be redundant to my future.

My anger spoke at last. "You know what? I'm done."

And with those harsh words, did the clarity shone and the shadows of the parents fade with a wail.

Because I believe I am done holding myself back. Done holding that sliver of hope for their compassion. Done being a playtoy of my own demons.

Madelene: You don't matter to me anymore!

I yelled, with a voice full of venom, full of vindication and fury.

The ground shook and the dark cracks as the light shone its way.

Madelene: I'm done holding from the past! So you!

I pointed at the cowering shadows of my mind, letting the world tremble, letting in the light.

Madelene: You don't matter anymore! I don't need your validation! I don't need your love! I'm done crying and regretting it! You might as well BEGONE!!

And with a mighty wail, the world burst and I shield my eyes from the explosion. But I am smiling all the while, seeing as my demons were extinguished in my fury.... Leaving only ashes on a now beautiful world of white roses and daffodils.

I woke up, feeling so... unshackled. Slowly putting my hands on top of my head, I grinned as I felt it light, worry free.

It has been a... difficult week. I'm afraid I will be hounded by questions upon questions from everyone from the Owl House. However, what I get is a cute moment with Eda being a mother, King having such a protective streak towards weird looking babies, and a very much unbothered Luz the following day.

Not to mention the gigantic 'Momma' taking back her children. It still gives me goosebumps till this day.

Eda and King aren't perturbed by my actions back then, having chaotic problems with the bat children, and simply gave me a pat on the back and a small doll that I treasured next to my pillow from now on. Sometimes those two are weird; they could be as concerned as a peacock, but as fearful as an awkward teen when it comes to problems. Now that I mention it, Eda acts like a child.... Most of the time.