𝟏. tabula rasa

hi!! here's the first chapter, I did say I'd get it done by Saturday 😎 I had so much fun writing this and I'm excited to write more, I hope you enjoy this!

I don't usually write in 2nd person but I thought I'd switch it up for this fic, pls tell me your thoughts!

stay safe and have a great day<3 ~ Vi

4.2k words.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Tabula
Rasa
"Well, nice to meet you, y/n."
~15th March 2019 ~

The atmosphere inside the car was tense, with an eerie silence hanging heavily in the air. Not a single word was uttered between you and your mother as the car drove on. The only sound that could be heard was the hum of the engine and the whir of the wheels as they spun against the pavement. You felt a palpable sense of unease as you gazed out of the window, watching the world outside pass you by in a blur. The tension was so thick that it felt like you could cut it with a knife, and it made you feel as though you were walking on eggshells. The back of the car was full of your two suitcases, a duffel bag and your backpack. You were finally moving away from your childhood town, Trost. All of the milestones you experienced there. Now here you are in the car with your pissed-off mother driving you to the airport to get on your flight to the City of Maria. Your new home.

Why was your mother pissed off? Well, she didn't want you to move so far away. It didn't matter if you were moving so you could get one step closer to your dream. She needed you around to look after her like a child, she was a bitter, lazy woman. She was never grateful for you. And frankly, you were sick of it so this was perfect that your new job happened to be a two-hour flight away. To be honest, you were surprised she even offered to take you to the airport. You guessed she was probably going to convince you to stay but surprisingly she hasn't spoken a word.

You started to see the airport in the distance, relief washing over you that this tense situation will be over. That was until your mom started to talk.

"So, you're doing this? Huh?" She said bitterly, "Yeah, I am." You reply with the same bitter tone. You were so done with her bullshit.

She parked the car at the airport's parking lot, "Bye." Your mother spits out, you roll your eyes at her rudeness. "Bye."

As you stepped out of the car, you felt the cool breeze brush past your face. You reached into the back seat, grabbed your belongings and pulled them out one by one. You first put on your backpack, feeling the weight of it settle on your shoulders. Then you slung your duffle bag over your shoulder, feeling the strap dig into your skin. You finally pulled out your two large suitcases and began walking towards the entrance, the wheels of the suitcases making a faint rumbling sound on the pavement. As you walked, you couldn't help but glance back one last time. Your heart sank as you saw that your mother had already driven off, leaving you to face this new adventure on your own. Despite the recent setback, you refused to let it dampen your spirits. You had your sights set on a new adventure in an unfamiliar city, brimming with opportunities to discover new places and experiences. After all, you were one step closer to realizing your lifelong ambition of becoming a journalist for a leading sports publication in the city. The thought of the exciting challenges and possibilities that awaited you filled you with a sense of anticipation and motivation. You were determined to make the most of this new chapter in your life and forge a path towards your dream career. You get your bags checked in and your plane ticket sorted out. Everything was going to plan. You were now in the seating area waiting until your flight was ready for you to board, you then felt your phone buzz. It was from your older sister, Mina. She was about two years older than you.