𝟏𝟓. consequences

3.2k Words.
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Consequences
"Hey there, beautiful."

Amidst the chaotic events that had transpired, you found yourself lying on a bed of lush green grass, next to Jean, in a vast expanse of fields that stretched out as far as the eye could see.

The starry night sky above was a breathtaking sight, with countless glittering stars twinkling like diamonds, casting a soft glow on the entire landscape. The tranquil peace of the night was only interrupted by the gentle sound of your breathing, as you lay next to Jean, lost in thought, reliving the fond memories of the old times.

As you gazed up at the glittering stars that adorned the night sky, you felt a sense of calmness wash over you as you enjoyed Jean's presence. Despite the rough start to the evening, any lingering chaos had dispersed, leaving behind a serene atmosphere that allowed you to relax and enjoy the moment. Your heart beat steadily as you processed your thoughts.

After a few moments of silence, a gentle sensation grazed against your hand. You remained still, feeling Jean's warm hand enclose your own. Your heart raced as you welcomed his touch, and a wave of shivers ran up your arm, causing you to grip his hand tightly.

_______

A few hours before.

———

Once you finished your work for the day, you made your way to the hospital to visit Marco. As you entered his room, you exchanged pleasantries and asked how he was feeling. Your conversation mostly revolved around work-related matters, but you couldn't help but feel the need to confide in him about a personal issue. After some contemplation, you decided to share your concerns about Jean and seek his advice on the matter.

Marco's gaze rested on you as you sat in a chair pulled up beside the bed. "I don't think Jean would be that intimate with you if he didn't mean it," he said reassuringly. But despite his words, worry gnawed at you, making it difficult to relax. "Yeah, I guess," you replied, your voice soft. "I'm just scared of what the relationship will become. What if it goes wrong? The last thing I want to do is jeopardize the group." You sighed, feeling the weight of your concerns pressing down on you. "Look, I shouldn't tell you this but Jean had been thinking about breaking up with Pieck for a while." he stopped for a moment before speaking, "He wanted to break up with her because he wanted you. Plus, he had been unhappy for a while but whenever he was with you." Marco smiled softly at you, his words of honesty lingered in the air. Your heart felt like it twisted around, shivers were sent up your spine and your mind's conflict eased. "Well, I guess I shouldn't doubt it then..." you said with a soft smile. Marco nodded and settled more comfortably into the bed. "Exactly, no need to worry. Now, go enjoy yourself tonight," he reassured you, his eyes drooping with fatigue, his voice smooth as silk. "Alright, I'll catch you later," you said as you stood up, giving Marco a small wave before exiting, to which he responded with a nod and a wave of his own.

You exited the hospital and saw a text from Connie.

Cornetto
yooo, I saw on snap maps you're at the hospital and I'm passing by. Want me to pick you up so you don't have to pay for a cab?

You
aw thanks con, i would appreciate that

Cornetto
alright, I'll be 5 mins

As you stood outside the hospital, you anxiously waited for Connie's arrival. Moments later, you spotted his car approaching and pulled up in front of you. Despite knowing that parking there was against the rules, Connie had stopped just for you. With a sense of urgency, you quickly jumped into the front passenger seat of his car, eager to get going. "Yo," he grinned at you, clearly happy to see you. "Connie, you're not supposed to be parked here so I would speed off now." You laughed. Connie's eyes widened as he realised. "Shit-" he quickly put his car into drive and speeded off. You laughed as he gripped onto the seatbelt that you managed to just about click in, "Christ, Connie."
He laughed with you, changing gear as he pulled up to stop at the traffic lights. "Sorry, Y/N."