𝟏𝟎. his sweater

hey guys, in celebration of sweater day I wrote this surrounding the song😭 I kept replaying Heather by Conan Gray while writing this, it was emotional.

I know this came out way later but yeah

also very late happy new year!!! 🫶🏻

I hope everyone got a sweater </3

enjoy!

3.5k words.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

His Sweater
"Stay away from him,"

You woke up with your head banging, your eyes heavy, your whole body ached. You groaned as you lifted up your head and reached over to your bedside table to turn off your alarm. You picked up your phone and saw multiple messages from Eren, Connie and Sasha. You forgot that they had no idea where you had gone, you felt bad knowing they were probably worried sick. To soothe their concerns you messaged them all back telling them you got home safe and you were tired, hence why you left. Obviously, that wasn't entirely true but they didn't need to know. You were embarrassed enough as it was.

Your heart dropped as you saw a message from Jean.

Today, 10:37am.

Horseface
hey, just checking in and making sure you're feeling alright?

You smiled realising he was just checking in, you were grateful for how he helped you last night. It was always him who helped you when you needed it the most.

You
I'm okay. Thank you
I really appreciate your help

A couple of minutes passed as you lay on your back, staring at your ceiling. Your phone buzzed and you looked at the response from Jean.

Horseface
It's no problem. As long as you're okay

You liked his message and soon saw a message from Reiner, you took a deep breath, you were dreading what he had to say.

Reiner
Hey, I'm sorry about last night. I overreacted. Coffee later?

You were relieved that he wasn't angry anymore and you were open to hear him out.

You
Hello, it's okay. I would like that

Reiner
Pick you up in an hour or so?

You
Yeah, sure:)

You put your phone back on the bedside table and use all of your strength to get out of bed and get in the shower. You washed your hair and your body, the warm water hitting your skin, you were already starting to feel better. You got out of the shower and dried yourself, you wrapped your head in a towel and made your way into your room. You got ready and wore a pair is straight-leg blue jeans, a cream-coloured sweater and your Converse. You sat at your vanity and did your makeup and hair. It wasn't long until you heard a knock at your door, "Come in!" You called out.

Sasha walked into your room with a cup of coffee and a croissant, "Hey, I thought you could use this."
You smiled, "Aw. Thank you, Sasha."
She placed the coffee and croissant next to you on the vanity, "How are you feeling?"
"Hungover but I'm feeling a bit better now," you pulled a small smile. "Good, what even happened last night?" She asked, sitting down on the end of your bed. "I think I whited out..."
"Oh my god, that's terrible. How the hell did you get home?" She said concerned. You took a sip of the coffee and a bite of the croissant, "Um..."
"Y/N. Who took you hommmeeee?" She teased.
You inhaled and looked at her, "Um...Jean may have helped me get home..." You trailed off, you felt embarrassed about it...
"OH MY GOD!" She squealed.
You laughed a little, "Sasha, Sasha, it wasn't like that."
Sasha sighed in defeat, "Really?"
"Yes, really... He was just looking out for me."
"In Hitch's words, a guy always thinks with his dick." She insisted. You laughed a little, "That may be true but he was genuinely just looking after me."
Sasha laughed, "I know. I'm just saying what Hitch would say."
You laughed again and nodded, "Right."