𝟑. caramel sundae's

Here's another chapter for you all!! ill try to update as soon as I can but yes.

I also just wanted to point out that in their chapter I incorporated some of my personal experience with family issues. so be kind 🫶🏻 it took me some balls to include this ngl😭

warning: sensitive subjects ahead!!

I hope you enjoy <33

- Vi (jeanscoolwife)

1.5k words.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Caramel Sundae's
"When we were young, everything seemed simpler."
~12 years ago~

["Hey, Alexa. Play 'Where'd All The Time Go?' by Dr. Dog"]

You've known Jean since childhood; your lives intertwined through shared experiences and familial bonds. Growing up together, your families fostered a deep friendship, marked by cherished Friday night dinners and shared holiday celebrations, like Christmas. In many ways, you became an extension of each other's families. While the closeness was undeniable, you never quite saw each other as mere relatives, maintaining a unique bond that transcended familial ties.

To be honest, you hated each other at first, you found one another annoying, being forced to get along with people at a young age never was easy, it wasn't at any age.

Naturally, as time passed, you gained a strong friendship, rooted in shared passions that ignited a deep connection: art and music.

Jean liked drawing and painting and so did you, but he was more gifted with it than you were, not that it bothered you. You both had similar music tastes, which was your main source of how you bonded.

You went to the same elementary then to the same middle school and then high school. You had each other's backs. That was what was most important between the two of you.

Do you remember the day your dad left? it was in the summer. You were about 11.

Early in the morning, you remember you woke up at the sounds of someone walking through the hallway to your room. You had always been a light sleeper, your father came into your room, pecking a kiss on your forehead. He stopped a moment, was he thinking about staying? Was he already filled with regret before he had even left? To you at that moment you didn't think much of it, you thought he was leaving for work and you would see him when he came home in the evening. You were wrong. He left. And that was the last time you saw him.

You woke up that morning, thinking it was the same as every day. You got up and ready, going downstairs to eat breakfast with your sister.

You had planned to go out with Jean and his mother today for ice cream. You were excited, something to do on a nice summer day. Your sister was going to a water park with a few of her friends. Today was one of those days you thought was going to be perfect.

You eventually got picked up by Jean's mom, you sat in the back of the car with him. You all conversed, as usual, talking about whatever. You arrived at the ice cream place, you found yourself a table. Looking through the menu together.

"I think I'll have a caramel sundae," You smiled. "I'll have the same," Jean agreed. "Alright. I'll be right back." Jean's Mom smiled cheerfully getting up from her seat towards the counter.

It wasn't long until Jean's mother came back with the two sundaes, you finished them rather quickly. It wasn't long until Jean pointed out the bit caramel sundae on your shirt. He wiped it off for you, being the nice friend he was.