𝟏𝟔. staring at the sky

⚠️ Warning⚠️: Contains violence and mentions of blood.

Reader's discretion is advised!

Please enjoy. <3

3k Words.
-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Staring at the sky
"I always thought the stars were pretty but there was always you."

Shit.

As you stood there with your hands on Jean, a sudden shock of surprise pulsed through your body. You couldn't believe who had decided to turn up at this moment when everything was going so well. It was the last thing you wanted tonight - for everything to go wrong. Amid the commotion, Pieck's voice pierced through the air, demanding Connie to turn down the blaring music. Connie, who had just rushed back into the room, was equally taken aback, his gaze meeting Jean's and yours. He quickly grabbed his phone and turned off the music, trying to restore some sense of calm in the room.

Jean lets his grasp loosen off of you and turns to face Pieck, "What the hell are you doing here?" His brows furrowed.

Everyone had gone silent. No one made a sound as the two started conversing.

Pieck's voice shook with anger as she spoke, her fists clenched tightly and her nails digging into her palms. "I wanted to talk to you," she said through gritted teeth, her eyes blazing with fury. Jean took a step closer, his voice rising in frustration. "It's over, Pieck," he spat out, his face twisted in anger. "We're done. You cheated on me with Reiner!" The words hung heavy in the air, and the group around them fell silent, shocked by the revelation. No one had known the real reason behind their breakup until now, apart from you.

"And you're siding with that, skank?" Pieck sneered, gesturing dismissively towards you. Eren stepped forward, his brows knitting together in a scowl at her disrespectful tone.

"Pieck, there's no need for name-calling," he retorted, trying to maintain a level of calm.

"Mind your own business, Eren. Stay out of this," Pieck shot back, her face contorted with the same fiery anger. Jean looked at Eren and signalled to him to stay out of the conversation, Eren nodded back and stepped back next to Mikasa.

Pieck turned her gaze back to Jean, her eyes darting between you and him, a hint of defiance in her expression. "Pieck, you need to go," Jean commanded, his voice firm and resolute.

She laughed, feigning disbelief. "Why would you choose Y/N over me? I'm your girlfriend!"

"You were my girlfriend. I don't want to be with you, and I trust Y/N," Jean declared, crossing his arms over his chest, his face etched with frustration.

Stepping forward to stand slightly ahead of Jean, you confronted Pieck directly. "I saw you kiss Reiner. There's no denying it."
Pieck scoffed dismissively, her eyes flashing with anger. "You're just trying to keep Jean for yourself. You're nothing but a manipulative bitch, and I could destroy your life in seconds."

"If you're so confident, then go ahead," you countered, crossing your arms defiantly. You were tired of her belittling you and treating you as if you were beneath her. "All you've done is treat me like shit, I don't know why you're so insecure." You laughed at her being so pathetic. "You don't deserve Jean. You're the manipulative bitch and to be honest, you're not all that."