𝟐. sight for sore eyes

Hi everyone! here's another chapter, ty for the support already. I appreciate it!!

I'm sorry this took a while, I've been busy with college and work, and I've also been struggling mentally so it's been hard getting the motivation to write but I've finally finished this chapter😭 but yes here you go

I hope you enjoy<3!!

3k words.

reminder: I made a playlist for this if you wanna listen to it:

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Sight For Sore Eyes
"Is that really who I think it is?"
~16th March 2019~

The tall building glared over you as you stared up at it, it was pretty plain, there wasn't anything exciting about it. The only thing that caught your eye was the name sign that was plastered at the front of the structure. It read:

The Shiganshina Papers
where all your news & updates are written!

You'd think it would be more eye-catching because of how important you heard this place was to the people of the city of Maria. But, yet it wasn't. Not that alarmed you but I suppose you had your expectations a little higher than this.

You took a deep breath before walking into the building, your eyes widened slightly as the interior was a lot different compared to the outside. It was very fancy and modern, in front of you was a brown oak desk that had some cool abstract art behind it, and a red carpet which led up to it.

As you stepped into the room, a delightful fragrance of fresh lavender greeted you. The air was serene and still, with only the gentle tapping of the receptionist's fingers on the sleek, modern desk breaking the silence. She sat there, poised and professional, her eyes focused on the computer screen in front of her. The soft lighting and tasteful decor of the room exuded an aura of refinement and elegance. smaller-looking girl, her hair was ginger and cut into a cute bob, with hazel eyes. She seemed to be very concentrated on what was on her computer screen, you felt kind of bad that you were going to disturb her.

You approached her desk, resting your hands upon it. "Hi, I'm Y/n L/n. I'm new, I have a job as a journalist for the sports paper around here." You speak up, the woman's eyes meeting with yours as you got her attention. You honestly expected her to be all pissy with you but her straight, concentrated face soon turned into a smile. "Hello, yes. I was told by Mr Levi that you were starting today, I'm Petra." She stands holding out her hand, she was extremely friendly but not the overbearing kind, it was comforting if anything. Anyone being friendly like this for your first day at work is what anyone needs.