𝟓. somebody else

hey, guys<3 I wanted to take a different approach and I wanted to get this chapter up quickly! I'm putting my all into this and I'm using my breakup as inspiration so this chapter means a lot to me. it's named after my favourite song ever and my breakup song. I hope you enjoy it!

Warning: mentioning of mental health and toxic relationships.

3k words.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Somebody Else
"So, that's Y/N? the girl you grew up with, right?"
-back at the event-

Jean's POV
The event wasn't reasonably interesting, I mostly was with Pieck, and she refused to ever leave my side. Sometimes it wasn't very pleasant but I didn't mind all that much. I felt constricted with her and stuck in one place at all times. She made me feel special and I tried to do the same as that is what she deserves but was that how relationships were supposed to feel? Like your feet are stuck in concrete and you're wearing them as shoes.

We had only been together 5 months and I do really like her but It's easy to put into words. I feel like I'm supposed to feel more strongly about her to the point where it's hard to even construct a sentence, because I would have too much to say about her.

We stood with Reiner and Connie, we were mostly talking about the game and whatever else. I said I would get drinks for us all, so I did that. I started walking over to the refreshment table that was until I saw someone extremely familiar, I stopped in my tracks. She looked exactly like someone I used to know. It wasn't long until she met eyes with me, my eyes widened as I realised.

Y/N L/N.

I couldn't believe my eyes, there she stood, wearing long black trousers and a green long-sleeved top. Her hair was nicely curled, exactly how she used to do it in High school. She looked different but still as pretty as I remembered. My heart felt heavy, I hadn't felt like this in a long time. Was I nervous?

I plucked up the courage to approach her, she looked as if she had seen a ghost.

"Of all the people in the world, I never expected to see you again."

I said it like I wanted those words to stick with her, I was prominent in that fact. I never thought I would see her again, I thought she would always be someone I used to know. She stood there looking up at me, her lips slightly partly like she was going to speak but not a sound came out. She finally spoke after a few moments, "I- uh," her words were struggling to come out. It reminded me of when we first ever met when we were younger, she was so shy when meeting new people, she could never speak.

Please, let her remember who I am, who I was, and who I told her I always wanted to be.

She finally spoke up, "Yeah, I didn't think I would see the day."

She does remember me, thank god. I wanted her to say more, she acted like she was scared of me. I was frustrated at that fact, I had no right in feeling that way, I don't even know what I expect her to say.

"So, how have you been? What have you been up to?" I asked. I didn't want this to be awkward or for her to feel I was giving her the cold shoulder. "I've been good, I graduated College, then moved away and got a job here in Maria. I'm a Journalist." She smiled a bit.