Chapter 4

"Jeongyeon-ah... are you asleep?" Nayeon asked as they lay down on their bed. Jeongyeon's back was facing her as she lays on her back while staring blankly at the ceiling.

"No, I'm still awake." Jeongyeon replied, wyes still closed. Both were exhausted from tickling each other. Nayeon failed to make Jeongyeon laugh, if you're wondering. "Why?"

"Nothing. It's just that, I'm worried about eomma and appa. What if they'll know about us? Will they make us break up? Is it okay of sisters are dating? What about grandpa? Momo and Sana said that—"

"So, you're more willing to listen to your friends compared to your own lover, unnie?" Jeongyeon sat up and sneaked her left arm on Nayeon's waist while supporting her weight on her elbow as she placed them beside Nayeon's head. She looked at her deep into her eyes and Nayeon gulped. Her heart raced as she was flustered by Jeongyeon's sudden move.

"I— it's just that... I don't want to let myself regret something in the future." She broke the stare and closed her eyes. "Momo and Sana said that we should tell them. But Dahyun insisted on not letting them know for now and tell them when the right time comes." She sighed.

Jeongyeon finally laid back down and closed her eyes, her back faced Nayeon again. "I think we should think about it through, unnie. Both of us knew the consequences when we entered this relationship, and we should encounter it together. As to what I said, don't listen to your friends. I'm not saying that you should only listen to me. What I'm saying is to listen to yourself and do what you want. We'll always be here to guide you. But in terms of our relationship, both of us should shoulder the responsibilities. Don't think about it for now and let me sleep. I'm tired from that tickling thing we did."

Jeongyeon pulled the sheets up to her shoulder when she felt their bed shift. Her eyes shot open when she felt Nayeon back-hugging her. The younger girl's heart raced when Nayeon snuggled her head on her nape.

"Thank you... Yoo Jeongyeon." Nayeon tiredly muttered.

Jeongyeon looked over her shoulder and slowly shook the older girl. "Let go, unnie." She couldn't take how her heart was beating so fast.

When she heard no response from the older girl, she turned to face her. That's when she realized that Nayeon already fell asleep, her hand was still on Jeongyeon's waist. Soft snores escaped the older girl's mouth, which was slightly agape, and Jeongyeon couldn't help but stare at her lips. She unconsciously moved her hand to caress Nayeon's hair.

Nayeon mumbled something and that's when Jeongyeon snapped out of her trance. Out of surprise, she forcefully shoved the older girl's face away from her. Fortunately, Nayeon was too tired to feel that, and Jeongyeon sighed in relief. She closed her eyes again and tried to sleep. She also tried to ignore her racing heart as she drifted into her dreamland.

~~~~

A week has passed and nothing unusual happened. Nayeon and Jeongyeon decided to keep their relationship a secret for the mean time from their parents and Chairman Yoo. Besides, they haven't seen the old man himself visit the academy since he was still resting. Nayeon got worried and decided to go and check if he's in his office during their break.

"Um... e-excuse... excuse me, Mr. Yoo?" She said after knocking twice on the door of his office. I think this is my third time entering his office.

It's true, though. The first time she entered there was when she saw the unconscious old man lying down on the floor and got hospitalized afterwards. The next one was when she... well... pinned Jeongyeon down on the table and kissed her. This time was her third.

She opened the door, expecting two scenarios: either seeing the old man sitting on his chair or an empty office. But she didn't expect to find Jeongyeon sitting on her grandfather's swivel chair while reviewing some paperworks. "Jeongyeon? What are you doing here? Where is grandpa? Is he okay?" Nayeon spat as she looked around the room. She didn't get to see or observed the room when she entered before, and now she took the chance to do so. Awards and certificates were hanged in the wall. A glass-doored cabinet filled with books was standing on the corner. A long narrow couch placed beside the cabinet. And of course, his wooden table and swivel chair on the center of the office. A big glass window allows one to observe the students outside. A framed picture of him, Jeongyeon, and Mr. Yoo was placed on top of the table facing the chair.