Chapter 15

"Sejeong sunbae, have you... already met your fiancé, right?" Jihyo askes as she leaned down and grabbed their drink from the vending machine.

Jihyo had just received a call from her father about her fiancé, who is the son of their business partner. A typical thing for rich people to grow their business. Her father had talked about it many times, but she didn't acknowledge it because she didn't want to meet him. He called her that night because he wanted them to get to know each other better in person.

"Yes. We have met a few times since childhood. Within a few weeks, we are going to probably talk about our engagement party..." Sejeong said with a hint of sadness on her tone. "They said we have to settle our engagement after I graduate, so... yeah. Can't do anything about it." She shrugged her shoulders and drank her soda.

They just finished talking after Jihyo's father called her. Sejeong comforted the younger girl because she knows what to feel about the thought of marrying someone you barely know and didn't love. They're practically in the same situation right now, as well as the president.

"Oh my..." Jihyo sighed. They were walking back to the master's bedroom, but surprisingly there  a vending machine displayed in the living room, so they decided to grab some drinks before heading back. "Time flies, doesn't it. Although I've received some letters and text messages from him until now, to be honest, I'm not mentally prepared to meet him yet." She stopped and looked down as she gripped on her drink tight, trying hard not to cry again.

"Perhaps, the reason why you're insecure about Yoo Jeongyeon has something to do with your fiancé?" Sejeong asked as she rubbed Jihyo's back.

"Yes." Jihyo replied as she wiped her tears and smiled.

"What... did you say?" A voice said from the corner of the hallway. Sejeong and Jihyo turned to see Dahyun with her fists clenched on her side while looking at them with hatred on her eyes. "H-hey... what do you mean by 'fiancé'...?"

"Our conversation has nothing to do with you, Kim Dahyun-ssi. Please pretend you didn't hear that." Jihyo tried to shrug off, but it only added more fuel to Dahyun's anger.

"No. Don't worry about that, Big Eyes unnie. Just answer my fucking question. What do you mean by 'fiancé'?" Jihyo sighed. She guessed she couldn't do anything but to tell her.

"Fine. For Nayeon unnie, because of the environment that she was raised in, this matter would probably sound strange." She looked at Sejeong before continuing after the older girl gave her a nod and a smile as an assurance. "Most of the students who attend the Yoo Academy are the daughters of the successors from prestigious families for many generations. In order to protect their families' education and wealth, the parents will decide for them who the should be marrying, that's why such arrange marriages happen all the time, just like in the—."

"Huh? W-wait a minute... I know about that crap, but don't tell me..." Dahyun intently looked at her as she furrowed her eyebrows, "Jeongyeon unnie has a fiancé, too?" She looked down and sarcastically chuckled. "Does that mean she's dating Nayeon unnie even though she knows that she's going to get married to someone else?" She scoffed.

Suddenly, Momo came out after noticing that the three girls were still not coming back. She was about to turn to the corner when she heard Dahyun scoff.

"I see... I finally understand why Jihyo is worried about Yoo Jeongyeon." Sejeong pinched the bridge of her nose, a habit of her when she's thinking or analyzing things. "It's because, Yoo Jeongyeon never told Nayeon the truth... that someday, they will have to break up. And you, Park Jihyo, is worried about that."

Momo's eyes widened when she heard what Sejeong had said. Dahyun still haven't noticed Momo behind her.

"THIS IS FUCKING STUPID!!" She exclaimed and Momo held her by the shoulder. Suddenly, Sana went out of her room to witness the commotion.