Chapter 17

Nayeon was busy washing the dishes while Jeongyeon sits in the dining table while holding her big teddy bear.

Earlier that day, they sent Chaeyoung and Tzuyu off go the trains station after having their vacation. Sana and Mina were a little bitter when they bid their farewell, but to their surprise, the twins announced that they will return to enter high school in Yoo Academy. They'll just have to prepare their things and come back after a week since classes will eventually start two weeks from now. Jeongyeon also assured a slot for them in the academy.

Ten minutes before they leave, Dahyun arrived. To their surprise, the pale girl was in a very good mood. Sana and Nayeon turned to Momo, who told them everything happened that night (yes, everything, since it slipped out of her mouth), with a knowing look and smirked while Momo flushed red. Dahyun bid her farewell, and when she knew that the twins will enter Yoo Academy, she gladly announced that she'll enroll there too.

After Tzuyu and Chaeyoung boarded the train, they confronted Dahyun about what happened, and the blue haired girl shrugged it off and assured that nothing happened. But she still couldn't help but secretly glare at Jeongyeon. Jihyo, who stood there quietly, was pulled in the corner by Dahyun, which earned suspicious glanced from the rest of them, and told her to keep it a secret for a while. Jihyo nodded and apologized. After that, they all went home.

Back to Nayeon and Jeongyeon, the younger girl was staring at the older girl while she was humming an unfamiliar tune as she washes the dishes when their telephone rang.

"Jeongyeon-ah, is it the phone?" Nayeon stopped and turned to the living room.

"I will pick it up."

"Thank you, Jeongyeon-ah."

Jeongyeon stood up and walked in the living room to answer the call. Nayeon continued to wash the dishes while humming her song.

"Hello, this is Yoo Jeongyeon speaking." Jeongyeon's eyes widened when she heard a familiar raspy voice from the other line. "Grandfather." She haven't heard from him for a while after he was hospitalized, but she still continued to visit him and would meet him at the academy, but she hadn't seen him during their whole summer vacation. "Yes... Yes, I understand... Well then, take care."

Jeongyeon hung up the call and sighed. She went back to the dining room to get her phone when Nayeon asked, "Who was that?" referring to the call.

"No one, just a wrong number." She lied. "I almost forgot, I'm going to the academy tonight. Grandfather asked me to fetch something from the office." Jeongyeon said as she was about to sit back and hurriedly stood up.

"Oh. Okay, but can't it wait til tomorrow? I mean, it's kinda late now."

"No. But I'll be back at ten, unnie. I have to meet him."

"Okay!" Nayeon shooed her away to change her clothes.

Before going inside their room, Jeongyeon glanced at Nayeon, whose back was facing her while washing the dishes. She sighed quietly and looked away as she proceeded. She immediately stripped her clothes, leaving her only in her underwear. She looked at her fourth finger where the ring was.

Before wearing her skinny jeans and sweatshirt, she put the ring as a necklace using the chain Nayeon gave to her. Jeongyeon held it tight and proceeded to wear her outfit. She went out of their room and found Nayeon in the living room while scrolling through her phone.

"I'll be going now, unnie." She informed and was about to approach the door when she heard Nayeon's voice.

"Jeongyeon-ah! Please wait!" The older girl ran towards her and looked down.