Chapter 12

Nayeon and Sejeong had finally finished their supplementary lessons. Sejeong was able to graduate and Nayeon was able to pass her exam. They would also finally enjoy their summer vacation.

Three days prior to the trip, Jeongyeon was busy packing their things on their bed when she felt Nayeon's hands sneak on her waist from behind.

"W-what are you doing, unnie? Let go."

"Let's just stay like this for a while, please? I'm super drained from that summer classes I took." Nayeon pleased as she snuggled her face behind Jeongyeon's neck. Jeongyeon sighed as she sat down on the bed, taking Nayeon with her and allowing her to back-hug her.

"Don't lie to me. Your supplementary lessons ended last week. What's wrong?"

Nayeon already knew Jeongyeon would figure it out. She placed her chin on Jeongyeon's shoulder and admired the younger girl's side profile. She pursed her lips and sighed. "I'm worried about our friends. Momo confessed to me that she likes Dahyun and always chicken out to ask her out. She also thinks Dahyun likes Sana. And yesterday, Sana said she sorted out her feelings for Tzuyu and that tall brat said she likes her, too, so they're now dating. Momo said Dahyun was depressed for unknown reasons and wouldn't talk to her. Because of that, Momo also got frustrated and wouldn't come out of her room, only when she wanted to eat or use the bathroom. And our trip is in three days, for god's sake! I think we need to do something."

Jeongyeon didn't say anything as she listened to Nayeon's rants while back-hugging her. She didn't know what to say, so she just asked: "What about Chaeyoung and Mina?"

"Ah, yeah! I almost forgot! They're still in the phase of getting to know each other. As to Jihyo and Sejeong, they said they would always meet in family dinners since their parents are close friends and business partners. The only sad thing is that... their marriage with those rich dudes is already planned." Nayeon pouted.

"Oh." That was all Jeongyeon had said. They were silent for a moment until Jeongyeon spoke again. "Are you done? I need to pack up now."

"Nope. I still have to give this to you." Nayeon beamed as she stood up and went to get something from her backpack. "Tada! We'll just get rid of the pendant and instead, replace it with our rings! Great, right!? Now give me your ring first." She said and helped Jeongyeon to put the new necklace on her neck. "There we go. I have mine, too, so don't worry." She added, showing her neck with the necklace and her own ring as a pendant.

Jeongyeon felt warm. She always thought of ways on how to wear the ring without being seen by other people other that their friends. She was planning to buy one, but Nayeon already bought it for them. She held the necklace and clutched on the ring pendant and smiled. "Is there more? I'm almost finished packing, so hurry up." She pretended to be annoyed, but was internally smiling.

"Not until we kiss." Nayeon teased as she back-hugged her again and puckered her lips towards Jeongyeon's cheek. Surprisingly, Jeongyeon didn't back away. Both were blushing hard. The younger girl put her hands above Nayeon's arms wrapped around her stomach as she hung her head low.

"A kiss..." Jeongyeon blushed harder as her ears turned redder because of the thought and completely forgotten about packing her things for the trip. "... would be nice."

Nayeon squealed internally as she held Jeongyeon's shoulder and turned her. Not wasting any time, Nayeon immediately captured the younger girl's lips, which caught her off guard. Jeongyeon finally immersed herself into the kiss and closed her eyes until she felt the older girl push her back to lay down on the bed.

"N-Nayeon un... w-wait— ngh..." Jeongyeon tried to push her but the older girl won't bulge. "Nayeon!" She kept kissing Jeongyeon, but Jeongyeon was stronger than her so the latter succeeded in pushing her away, but not enough to make her get off from straddling between Jeongyeon's legs. "Stop! You kissed me already!—"