Chapter 18-

"These are your photos, sunbae." Jihyo said as she handed an envelope to Sejeong. Jihyo went at her sunbae's house because Sejeong asked the student council for print outs of her photos from the yearbook for keeps. Jihyo was the only one available in the student council, so she accepted to deliver it to Sejeong. She brought her dog because, why not?

"Thank you, Jihyo-ya! Sorry for making you do this and come all the way here." Sejeong said as she picked up Jihyo's dog and cooed it.

"Please don't worry about it, sunbae. I also feel like I have to walk my dog, Pucchi." Jihyo giggled when Pucchi licked Sejeong's face, making the older girl grimace.

The mood became serious when Sejeong handed the dog back and looked at Jihyo. "After the trip, did Yoo Jeongyeon change?" The older girl asked.

"I only met her once after the trip, and we didn't even talk since Kim Dahyun always glares at me and her so I have to lower my head and stay silent. That's why I didn't notice any changes" Jihyo sighed and looked down.

"I see." Sejeong wiped her face with her handkerchief. "May I ask what is the progress of Yoo Jeongyeon's engagement?"

"There was an issue with the person she was engaged with in the past. I think you know about this because it involves Nayeon unnie. She went up the stage and called him for abusing a student. She didn't name who was it but I'm telling you that it's Jeongyeon. She was engaged with Nayeon unnie's homeroom teacher last school year, Mr. Park Jimin. After that issue, their engagement was called off and he resigned from work."

"Oh! I remember now. It was during the flag ceremony, right? Nayeon snatched the microphone from Myoi Mina and exposed him."

"Yeah. But I think this time, the chairman had already arranged someone for Jeongie."

"I see. So that means, Yoo Jeongyeon's engagement will still happen, even though she doesn't know who her future partner is."

Jihyo felt sad. She didn't want that to happen. Especially when she's in a romantic relationship with Nayeon. Both of them will get hurt once Jeongyeon agrees on her grandfather's arrangement. Jihyo couldn't hold back her tears and finally let them flow.

"S-she's been carrying all the burden by h-herself all this t-time while performing her duties within the a-academy. A-and... she's under so much stress right now, adding her engagement with a stranger... I... I-I don't know what should I... do for Jeongie to help her..." Jihyo continued to sob while hugging Pucchi.

Sejeong sighed. She felt Jihyo's frustration and sadness since they're going through similar situations. She grabbed Jihyo's head and placed it on her chest while gently caressing her head.

"I think Yoo Jeongyeon has been saved multiple times because of your efforts, Jihyo-ya. However, a relationship is the responsibility of those in love. In other words, there will be problems that they will have to overcome by themselves. And yes, I'm talking about Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Right now, there's only one thing we could do for them." She paused and looked up the sky while Jihyo waited for her to continue, still silently crying. "And that is to believe in the path that they chose to walk on together. Even if it takes many years, if they're really for each other, destiny will always find a way."

~~~~

"Omo! You're extremely gorgeous, young lady! Just as I imagined!" The woman, who introduced herself as the daughter of the old lady earlier, squealed. She was the one who dressed Jeongyeon while the old woman dressed Nayeon in a different dressing room. "Oh, I almost forgot, the photography service and your photos are free of charge!" She added as she fixed Jeongyeon's hair.

Jeongyeon wore an off-shoulder wedding dress with long white translucent gloves that reached her elbow. Her hair was tied up in a low bun with white flower headdress on the left side of her hair. The woman was right, she is indeed very gorgeous.