Chapter 8

"Here's this month's salary, Nayeon-ssi" Jin said as he handed Nayeon an envelope as he smiled. It's been a month since she started working on that cafe and luckily, she didn't got caught. She also told Jin that she will now resign for she already got what she wants. It was Friday and yesterday was her last shift.

"Thank you, boss!" Nayeon beamed as she looked at the envelope and smiled. I finally did it! I can finally buy those couple rings with this!

"You're welcome!" Jin bid and Nayeon was about to go out when a familiar blue-haired girl entered the cafe.

"Nayeon unnie?" The girl called. "What are you doing here?"

"D-Dahyunie!?"

~~~~

"Hm... so you got a part time job at this man's cafe to buy her a present?" Dahyun clarified. They sat on the counter while Jin was busy wiping cups and listened to them.

"To sum it up, yeah." Nayeon nodded and scratched her nape. "Speaking of which, why are you here as well, Dahyun-ah?"

"I'm a frequent customer here, y'know?" Dahyun replied and ordered her usual: chocolate drink and chocolate cookies.

"But how come you're not here during my shift?"

"I only come here every Friday to visit my parents,... although I don't really see them when I'm home." Nayeon nodded.

"You forgot something, Dahyunie." Jin interjected but Dahyun confusedly looked at him as she raised an eyebrow. Jin chuckled. "Miss Kim Dahyun here is my cousin, Nayeon-ssi. I'm surprised you know each other." He said that made Nayeon gasp in surprise. They continued to talk until a customer entered and Jin excused himself to assist them. Dahyun gazed at the older girl and smirked.

"That's strange. I'm almost certain that the academy forbids their students to have a pa—" Before Dahyun could finish, Nayeon cut her off by aggressively putting her hand on the poor girl's mouth. She quickly retracted her hand to let Dahyun breathe.

"I'm sorry... j-just... just don't say anything, Dahyun-ah, please..." Nayeon begged but Dahyun only smirked at her.

"Oh, for you to have done that to me, then... I guess I should report this to Jeongyeon unnie first." The younger girl teased and Nayeon tensed up.

"A-alright! I get it already! If you want to ask something, just... just say it!" Nayeon pleaded and sighed in relief when Dahyun stopped smirking.

"What are you getting as a present, Nayeon unnie?" Dahyun innocently asked and Nayeon sighed.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped." She grabbed her phone and showed the photo of the couple ring to Dahyun. "I'm thinking of buying and giving this to her." Dahyun leaned in as she observed the image.

"Unnie." Dahyun grimaced as she looked up to Nayeon. "I think you're overdoing this." Nayeon was caught off guard by Dahyun's reaction. She didn't expect the latter to judge her. "Don't tell me you're giving this to her when your love is one-sided? What would you do next? Propose to her? Marry her? It's still too early for that."

"No, it's not like that! I—"

"Let me tell you this. You have to think about the feelings of the person receiving this." Dahyun cut her off as she looked down to her drink and started to stir it slowly. A few stirs later, she looked at Nayeon with her serious expression. "The great affection that you have has the possibility of becoming a heavy burden depending on the circumstances. If you are only pretending to be responsible in love, I won't say anything. But if you're going to partake in this boring adult world, then you need to look at the reality more."