Chapter 5

Nayeon sighed depressingly as she waltzed her way to the kitchen. She started to prepare the ingredients for their dinner, but she was still nervous about her guidebook. Until she started to cook, all she could think about was Jeongyeon and her damn guidebook.

My heart is beating really fast that I can't even look at Jeongyeon directly. She huffed a loud sigh as she stirred on the pan. A minute later, she decided to shake her negative thoughts off and continued to focus on cooking. No! I must cheer up! I'm her older sister and her girlfriend, for fuck's sake! I must be the one leading her!

Moments later, Jeongyeon suddenly appeared, still clad on her black v-neck t-shirt, skinny jeans, and her reading specs she wore when she went to Jihyo's house with Mina to discuss about student council-related works.

"J-Jeongyeon!" Nayeon blurted out of surprise. Then, she thought, This is my chance to ask her out! "W-well, are you free next weekend?"

"Hmm... although I need to review for the exam, maybe I can take some time off." Jeongyeon plainly responded.

"Oh, I-I see..." Nayeon fidgeted her fingers since she was very nervous in front of Jeongyeon as she asks her out. "Um... you see, next weekend, I—"

"Unnie, wait." Jeongyeon cut her off and Nayeon confusedly looked at her. "Let me finish talking first." She sternly said but was cut off when Nayeon exclaimed.

"Oh, fuck! The food is burning up!"

"Nayeon, it's hot!" Jeongyeon didn't have time to use honorifics when she saw Nayeon's bare hand approaching the pan and tried to stop her, but it was too late. Nayeon accidentally burnt her hand, but was able to save their dinner from burning.

Jeongyeon immediately grabbed her injured hand and quickly put it under the faucet, letting the cold water flow on the reddened part of the older girl's skin. She positioned herself behind Nayeon and guided her injured arm as she started leaning on to Nayeon's ear. She whispered something and it made Nayeon shiver as her face started to flush red.

"This isn't like you, unnie. Are you having a fever?" Her raspy and husky voice sent shivers down Nayeon's spine. She pannicked and pushed the younger girl away from her ears.

"I-i-it's nothing! I-I'm just... hungry! Yeah! I'll be fine after we eat dinner!" Nayeon stuttered. She finally turned the faucet off and continued cooking. Luckily, it was just a slight burn and could be treated with cold water.

"Fine. I'll go take a bath first. Just wait for me." Jeongyeon shrugged and walked away. Nayeon sighed in relief.

~~~~

Thirty minutes have passed but Jeongyeon was still not going out from the bathroom. Nayeon decided to check up on her. Their shower room has this translucent glass door that separates it from the toilet, and a sliding door to enter the room. Nayeon peeked at the sliding door and heard the splashing sound of water from inside the shower room.

Maybe as long as I'm not looking at Jeongyeon, I should be able to ask her out. She thought before clearing her throat. "Jeongyeon-ah..."

The shower turned off, indicating that Jeongyeon heard her and hummed for her to continue. Nayeon closed the door behind her and leaned on the wall while her hands were inside the pocket of her hoodie.

"I'm sorry, but... could you just listen like this? I wasn't done talking earlier." Nayeon sighed as Jeongyeon hummed again. "So, this weekend..." She paused when she saw Jeongyeon's clothes that she wore earlier. It was neatly folded as it was placed on their laundry tray. Nayeon blushed. This are the clothes Jeongyeon was wearing earlier! I bet her body emits a delicious scent— what the fuck are you thinking, Im Nayeon! Are you a fucking pervert!?